2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Finally, and well worth the wa

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Review

Finally, and well worth the wait!!!
By William on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I got wise and sold my GMC Sierra, I knew I would buy a Toyota if they released a crew cab full size model. Well, they did, and to me they got it right. It may not be the fastest, or the nicest interior, but the overall fit and finish, says Toyota. If you wanted it could be the first and last truck you ever buy. Toyota's are known for quality, durability and reliability and this truck delivers on all 3, plus it has the best body lines of any of the big trucks out there.

Its a Toyota, that usually says it all, but I'll add a few. Room, room, room!!! This truck has all the room I could ever need and more; rear sliding window, everyone who gets in my truck, thinks that is the best option; nearly full size bed with minimal wheel well intrusion; quiet ride.

Not much - the obvious would be mileage, but it is a V8, so that comes with the territory; interior design - the fit and finish is great, but it still has the 'older' Toyota style, where everyone else is moving to the brushed aluminum and floor shifter style.