2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Old School Tundra Update
By jwolfgong on 04/30/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, maybe my first review was a bit harsh. I have 2700 miles on it now and am averaging 14 MPG without much highway mileage. Highway ride is very sound for a full size truck. Here are options I do have: CC2, CK3, DJ1, AA3, JC2, JZ3, KE3, KG3, LD2, LF3, PG2, CF2, LU3, ES1. I have rated each 1, 2 or 3. 1 equal low value and 3 high value. I would opt for EBD and VSC if I redid this purchase. On a truck with a long wheel base the EBD can really make a difference, IE keep you on the road by correcting your slide before you realize you are in one.

An Already Good Truck Gets Better
By Ki Moy on 04/30/06 01:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a happy ex-owner of a 2001 Toyota Tundra Sr-5 V-8 Access cab, I am even happier with my brand new 2006 Double cab v-8. I have so much fun driving this vehicle! Overall, the truck just got better over the years. I am so glad Toyota cares enough to keep their customers satisfied with dependable products.

very disappointed
By Mike on 04/12/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the inside design of the Toyota Tundra, the power window controls are placed too far back for ease of use. The clock is very low on the dash which makes you take your eyes off of the road to see the time, then you have to look up to see the temp. and direction your are traveling. Toyota should have placed the clock in the radio which would have made it easier to see. The bucket seats are uncomfortable and the center console should of been higher, then no need for armrests. Probably will be my one and only toyota truck.

Great Truck
By coolfb on 04/09/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides very smooth, everyone who has taken a ride cannot believe how smooth and quiet it is. The powertrain is very refined.

Why I like my truck
By Mike on 04/04/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Toyotas in my life and this truck by far is the bomb. With all of the extra room in this vehicle I am not worried about the new baby that is on its way. And I currently have three boys, so you can imagine what I am talking about. With the powerful engine I am assured that we are not going to be slow on the take-off, or not have enough power to pass someone on the highway. Am looking forward to really taking it off-road. Thank you for making such a fine vehicle.

Great Truck
By New Ranch Owner on 04/02/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First truck I've owned but sure rides good. Seems very well built. Can't complain about fuel economy, but drive quite a bit of freeway miles. I did test drive all the different type trucks out there and chose this baby! Would suggest that you go buy ya one!!

Moving up to the Tundra
By Mr. Josh on 03/17/06 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my T100. The new Tundra helps me cope ;) This truck rides smooth; plenty of room for me and the family. For those wanting MORE towing, look for the 2007 Tundra with a 5.7L. For those wanting MPG, this truck does great. My T100 was getting 17/20, my Tundra gets 16/19. Not a bad trade for a lot more truck.

AWESOME TRUCK
By GMMECH69 on 03/17/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is one awesome truck. I love it. The truck rides like a car. I have been very happy with it. I like how the back window totally rolls down. I own a pop up camper and it tows it just fine. If you are looking for a nice vehicle which will tow anything within reason then this is the truck for you.

Old School Tundra
By jwolfgong on 03/16/06 21:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had 'Blackie' for one day, but here are my initial impressions. Interior is klugey. Buttons everywhere and old technology like no auto-up, no mist on wipers and A/C not coupled to defrost. You could easily smack into something while looking for controls or the clock which is in a good spot if you happen to be looking for a lost contact lense. Seats are NG. Too flat. So far I can't get the 'beeps' to turn off for the remote locking function. One of the Homelink buttons will not accept a transmitter code for some reason. Tomorrow I go back to the dealer and see why the engine oil is low already. I'll let you know how that goes...

I love it!
By Tim on 02/25/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is beyond wonderful. I highly recommend purchasing one before the 2007 hit the market. I look forward to using it for camping with the family!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.