2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Highly Recommend
By Lovin it! on 01/05/07 14:01 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been looking at all the big diesel trucks (Dodge, Ford, Chevy) but I found for 99.9% of what I needed to do this truck would be more than enough. The Toyota reputation really drew me to this truck and hasn't let me down. The only bummer is the mileage (I am getting 15 in mixed driving) but everything else is great.

Great Pickup
By COTundra on 01/01/07 07:08 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really consider this an over-powered small pickup. The truck really does not compete with traditional full-sized US manufactured pickups. Towing cap. is mid-range to low at 6500 lbs., but perfect for my needs: towing snowmobiles, quads, camper, etc. A great truck for long trips from sea level to the continental divide, with toys in tow, and carrying 5 adults comfortably. The truck has good clearance as it allowed the 4x4 to plow right through the recent blizzard we had here in CO (4 foot drifts). Well powered for its weight.

2006 Tundra Limited 4Dr 4X4
By Steven Marco on 12/30/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this new Tundra because a co-worker has one with 90K hard-driving miles and stil feels "new". I love the Tundra because it has ample room for 5 comfortable passengers, has an easy-to-use 4x4 system that has gotten me out of several icy situations. It has the refinement of a Mercedes-Benz combined with the fun of an ATV! After 2000 miles I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck for family/projects/towing.

Toyota - why buy anything else?
By Kinsey on 12/29/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We drive back and forth from city to city and this Tundra cruises like a full size sedan. You won't believe how quiet the engine is or how smooth the ride is in a double cab Tundra.

I love my new Tundra
By portac on 12/24/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my double cab for about a month now. I really love it. It drives like a car. I especially like the power rear window that rolls down. I get about 16 mpg driving to work, which isn't great. But I didn't buy a truck for the gas mileage.

All around
By jake sand on 12/16/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very good all around truck. I use as only vehicle, nice on road, hauls boxes at work, pulls trailer, and best of all, it is very capable off road.

Love it so far!
By LAK77 on 12/06/06 17:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned the truck for about three weeks now and 1,500 miles in to ownership I am very pleased. I love the power, handling, and space. I have just ordered an intake and muffler for it hoping it will help increase the airflow and improve my fuel mileage a bit (even though I am already getting between 16-18.5). I feel bad for making fun of Toyotas for so long! I am not sure I would make another purchase outside of their lineup.

2006 Tundra 4Door SR5
By Dean Bailey on 12/06/06 06:23 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really like the exterior of the Tundra but find the inside to be lacking. It just doesn't have the bells and whistles other truck manufacturers have. I've had my truck now for about 2 months and it's getting cold outside and I find when I turn on my air it makes noise. It's not all the time so I know if I take it in it will not do it. That's just how my luck would be. I don't want to sound too negative so I will say that driving my Tundra seems like driving a car which is really nice. We also have a 2004 4Runner and the Tundra is a much smoother ride.

Good ride good truck
By Kenny K on 11/24/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A very nice driver. Good pick up on the freeway. It is very comfortable to drive and sit in.

New Toyota Owner
By Medina on 11/10/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I researched for six months and test drove the Titan and the Silverado before I purchased my Tundra. My Tundra is a blast to drive, great color, everybody I meet likes my truck, my wife approves, the daughter took off in it for about an hour. A great vehicle which should last a long, long time. This truck looks like it can eat a Honda Pilot, Ridgeline, most domestic pickups and sedans.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.