Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

This truck rocks!
By Rufus

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The more I drive it, the more I like it! I Just took a trip to a wild park north of where I live, 400 kilometers round trip, I was driving normally, using the air conditioning, I got 23.5 miles per gallon, U.S. gallons, I think that is pretty good! I use it to haul my snowmobile up to the mountains and drive to work. I just put a K&N reusable air filter on it this week, I noticed a little more snap off the line, but it was already a very quick little truck. All in all I am very happy with it.

The ride and the performance, nice colour!!

Brakes could be better, sound system could be better.

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Mikon

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Salsa Red color is gorgeous. The 4-wheel drive is as impeccable as my 2000 Tundra Access Cab. The ride is quiet and comfortable at all speeds. My wife loves the heated seats and steering wheel-mounted radion controls. Great visibility (taller than my 2000 Tundra vecause of the 18" wheels). The power rear window is great (and quiet) for open air driving. Hardly know my boat trailer is there when pulling it. Mileage is excellent (18.3 mpg overall since purchase).

Comfort and quietness on long drives, never seem tired after a long haul. Good sound system. Steady, well controlled handling/steering. Great traction off-road when 4-wheeling to mountain lakes for fishing. Lockable and removeable tailgate. Great ground clearance.

None found to date!

Great Truck
By rlhill96

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned both Ford and Chevys in the past and the '06 Tundra SR5 Double Cab is by far the best I have ever owned. Only two complaints, fuel mileage and turning radius. Both of these are minor complaints due to the fact that this is a big truck, and you cant expect to get mileage in the 20's with something this size or expect to turn it like a corolla. I sure when (if) I wear this one out, I will be purchasing another full size Toyota. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive and has plenty of power to haul my needs.

Power roll down rear window, lots of storage, comfortable ride.

Fuel mileage and turning radius. Don't mess with anything else.

2006 Toyota Tundra with XPS package V8
By Carlos

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very useful and comfortable to drive, great cargo in the back, fun to drive, but painful to park, I had trucks all my life, the worst direction and ratio.

Powerful, big, 5 people confortable seated, reliable, excellent

Should improve direction and ratio for parking and U turns, worst ever, and I'm a toyota lover.

Smooth Ride
By Pop

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Durable and reliable, this truck rides like a nice sedan. Radio remote on steering wheel changes am, fm, cd, volume, stations. Nice large console. Lockable bed. Large size takes getting used to if you haven't been driving a large truck. Mileage is not good but is typical of a large pickup.

Smooth ride, radio controls, back seats fold up for storage.

Floorboard lights should be standard equipment.