2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Best truck I ever owned!
By Scott on 09/04/06 01:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a 2006 Tundra 4x4 double cab TRD, and I love it! Truck is very comfortable on long trips, even with four people in. Truck gets decent fuel mileage ,I avg. 19-20 on long trips to the mtns. here in Colorado. Great sound system (JBL), one thing that helps alot with fuel I think is the camper shell I have. Back window makes for easier access to bed, the suspension is not too harsh, the TRD is a great package for going off road. All in all the best truck I ever bought.

Does Not Tow What Sticker States
By Main on 09/03/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently towed a tandem axle and the rear end of the truck is on the ground. The vehicle is always taching up to the red line. I only have 3000 miles on this truck. The window sticker says that it can tow 6500 lbs and I had my trailer weighed and it was only 5000 pounds. I called them and they blew me off. They need to improve the rear suspension to allow it to tow better. I also have the TRD package and that does not help. It is only getting 7.25 miles to a gallon towing this trailer.

Poor Gas Mileage - Less than EPA Rating
By Robert on 08/24/06 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I are both Toyota owners. My wife owns a 2003 Avalon, while I have access to the 4.7L V8 engine 2006 Tundra. I have really been disappointed with actual fuel mileage compared to rated fuel mileage for the Tundra. This issue looms even larger in light of the higher fuel prices over 2005 prices. Actual highway mileage is 14-15 mpg, while the EPA fuel rating is 18-20 mpg for higway driving. Actual city mileage is poor. The Tundra's turning radius is also problematic. Typical u-turns from a two way street or highway onto a two way street or hignway are virtually impossible without having to turn and backup.

Arizona Tundra
By Arizona Al on 08/10/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I plan on keeping my 2006 Tundra for a long time. I test drove everything else and was amazed to have headroom in the cab for my 6'4" frame even with the moonroof. Lot's of room in the back seat for friends or my dogs. Very quiet cab and smooth ride. Disappointed that my new 271 hp truck gets much worse mileage than my 325 hp car. I got the truck for day to day driving and weekend yardwork. This truck fits the bill perfectly and is fun to drive to boot.

Pretty nice Truck
By Maxsgp on 08/07/06 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have about 2500 miles so far. Seems very well built. Lots of power unloaded, actually pretty fast. Have gotten 18 mpg with ATV in bed. Got 11 mpg pulling 5 ATVs to West Va. from Ohio. Ouch. Really seems to be a good solid vehicle so far. Mine is TRD and rides firm but comfortable. I am happy so far.

Second Tundra
By 2nd tundra on 07/29/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Tundra, my first was a 2000 SR5 4x4 extra cab. The only reason I sold that one was for a bigger rear seat. It was a great truck, with good power and great reliablity. My new truck is even better, with the TRD package it ride great and handles the dirt and snow just fine. I have not towed anything with it yet, but forsee no problems. Although slightly smaller then the other full size trucks, it has plenty of room in the back and front seats.

Close, but no cigar
By Roy on 07/25/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I use this truck as a combo vehicle. Long commuting and around town and am mostly satisfied with it, however; there is considerable room for improvement - hopefully the 2007 redesign will address that. Very solid road feel, great ride, great build quality, acceptable mileage esp. on freeway. Some issues with vehicle length esp. in parking lots... a 4 door cab and a 6' box is just too long.

Get one while you can....!
By kmagman on 06/30/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2006 Tundra because the 2007 model will be HUGE and probably less economical. I bought this vehicle to take the place of a Lexus RX 300 and a Mazda B4000 pickup. It handles BETTER than the RX 300 and is just as comfortable with all the same comfort features and build quality.

The Toyota Tundra
By Harryooooo on 06/29/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The toyota tundra is the truck. I have owned them all from Dodge to chevy to Nissan and the tundra puts them to shame. The best part of owning a toyota tundra, when its time for sell, it holds its value. Lets face it, if everyone could afford one, they would be driving one. Toyota is the smart choice

toyota man again
By Steve on 06/21/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second toyota, the first one bought in 1983, before Toyota was established as a serious contender for the truck market. The Tundra is Toyota's crown jewel truck! it offers an excellent ride and performance package that rivals all of the domestic trucks to be sure. My first Toyota lasted 150,000 miles and was still running strong when I sold it ten years later. I'm sure I'll get at least that much and more from this one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.