Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck
By Garf

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had it for a year and I really enjoy it. Live in SA hillcountry and tow 6300lbs TT and get 10MPG with 89 octane. Very solid towing truck with plenty of torque on the climbs. 3 large adults and 1 small child and a dog share most of the ride and all give it a thumbs up. I like the transmission brake or downshift with descents, it helps with controlling the vehicle.

Versatility and excitement of the drive. Very dependable and anticipated ride in rain.

Cruise control is terrible.

Excellent Vehicle
By Sam

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall it's a good truck, I sacrificed comfort for durability. Driver seat is not comfortable and interior design is not very good but the ride is excellent.

My favorite feature is the roll down rear glass.

Work on interior design and seat comfort.

Good All-Around Truck
By Jake

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck at the end of 2006. I love the ride this truck has, and the power is sufficient to pull my 5,000 lb boat. The truck does downshift when going down hills, but besides that, I've had no problems. Gas mileage is a little lower than I'd hoped for. I only get close to 18 mpg highway when I've got cruise control on going no faster than 60. Good truck overall.

Smooth ride, exterior styling, and power rear window.

Better fuel economy, colder A/C, and fix the problem with the transmission.

Solid Value for the Money
By Bob

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck new, drove 15,000 miles and waited almost a year to do this review. Have also read other reviews. Yes, the transmission shift points and brakes took time to get used to, but now that I am used to them, I better appreciate the way they are designed and operate - and I like them. Tows my 6,000 lb boat and trailer adequately. Highway ride is great - I prefer over my wife's Lexus GX 470. Gas mileage has met my expectations at 17-18 mpg around town and on the road (reason I do not trade up for a 07 big engine). What I especially like is the value for the price: leather, stability control, side curtain air bags and all the practical accessories I needed.

Air conditioning capacity is marginal. Barely OK for SC climate.

Bought it for the ride
By Charlie P

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned this since 1/06. Very comfortable ride! Lots of compliments on the mica blue color. Have been waiting a LONG TIME to get the recall work done (front suspension lower ball joints. Dealership says parts are back ordered). Could not get the running boards I originally ordered either - waited 6 mos. and then was told that the dealership no longer used that supplier. Settled for the "tube" type. Agree with most other reviewers - u-turns are K- turns! Really like the overall handling, braking is good, feel very safe in traffic.

The smooth ride! and the power rear window.

Recalls should be handled more quickly!