2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
I luv my Tundra!
By mej0362 on 08/21/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for a month now and love it. It rides like a truck but it is so quiet inside. This is the last year of this body style so I wanted to get it before it changes. I did my homework and you just can't beat a Toyota Tundra. On my first tank of gas I got 16.7 mpg, no not teriffic but hey it is a V-8 truck. It has plenty of get up and go and looks great.

Stepside Style
By Second Tundra on 06/28/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Performance (4.7L) is powerful and smooth. Bucket seats are very comfortable. Quality, fit & finish, reliability is outstanding. Resale value (Toyota is always in demand as a used vehicle). Transmission is smooth. Ride is incredible.

Good Solid Truck
By Maldivan on 04/30/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 10+ years I've owned nothing but Chevy Ext Cabs. This truck stacks up well against it. The V6 is amazingly nimble and if towing isn't a consideration then the V6 is an obvious choice.The Chevy's ride smoother but not by much. The Toyota is the quietest truck I've ever driven, I'm sure the undercoating has a lot to do with it. I decided to go with the Toyota for the simple reasons of reliability and resale values, not to mention it's a very nice looking truck. I'm very pleased with the truck so far and am still amazed at the Power the V6 has.It will be hard to give this truck up. I think Chevrolet has lost a customer.

Liking it so far!
By Pete on 04/30/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Tundra 4x4 TRD and I'm liking it so far. Since I've only had it for a short time I cannot speak long term about it... but so far everything is pretty sweet. I know one of the biggest items talked about is poor fuel mileage. A few items that have been brought to my attention is putting a K&N filter and a better exhaust will give you a few extra miles per gal. I'm going to do it soon...so I'll let you know. I had a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 V-10...now that was a thirsty truck, that's why I don't have it anymore, but I loved it. My Toyota so far gets between 17 to 19, but she is still getting broke in. Other than that I really like the truck... she rides real nice.

Best Truck on The Market
By Craig on 03/15/06 18:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First truck I have owned. I needed a truck to assist in the rebuilding of my property in New Orleans. Great price and incentives from the factory. Should have gotten the four door model for $1000.00 more. Well you live and learn. Truck came with front bench seat. Captains chairs with center console would have been a better choice.

Great Truck
By GO TRD!!! on 02/28/06 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just picked up my truck in Feb. 2006 and WOW. This is a really nice vehicle. I have driven for work many of its competitors, but none of those trucks have the get-up and go like the Tundra. I have been in the auto industry for quite some time and never really paid much attention to the Tundra. But while doing some research on Edmunds I was educated, and now am a happy owner of the Sliver Sky SR5 Toyota Tundra. All I can say is great truck and fun to drive!!!

TRD
By TRD on 01/12/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Regardless of what some write ups may say, my suspension and drive train and much much more stiff than any of my friends other trucks. I have the TRD and tow package and the suspension is uncomparable. Even though the horsepower rating may be less, It's "rear wheel" horsepower and not engine horsepower that's important. Even with less horsepower, my truck will still beat all of the competitors in the 1/4 mile. The drive train is very basic. All of the power from the motor goes directly to the rear without any traction control and other HP robbing items. The only problem is that I get a slight off start clunking from the rear. But I'm finding out that this is normal for this truck.

Great Truck
By Jerome on 12/24/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got this truck and am so glad that did! I did my research and this is the best truck for the money. Great features and good performance.

My 2006 Tundra
By IQBALDHILLON2 on 11/23/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Limited 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2006 Toyota Tundra is a great truck. It is much easier to drive than a F-150. It has a super charged 282 horsepower. With a 7100 pound towing capacity. It will deliver about 325 pounds torque. This truck is incredibly smooth. One thing the Tundra lacks is towing and horsepower. I hope to drive out my Tundra to at least 100000 miles. Then I will trade it in for a 07 Tundra truck

Best Truck
By Anthony on 11/20/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, nice comfortable ride and quiet, 6 cylinders plenty of power for me. Driven 9000 miles in 3 months, no problems. Excellent Toyota quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.