2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
2006 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Mikon on 06/12/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Salsa Red color is gorgeous. The 4-wheel drive is as impeccable as my 2000 Tundra Access Cab. The ride is quiet and comfortable at all speeds. My wife loves the heated seats and steering wheel-mounted radion controls. Great visibility (taller than my 2000 Tundra vecause of the 18" wheels). The power rear window is great (and quiet) for open air driving. Hardly know my boat trailer is there when pulling it. Mileage is excellent (18.3 mpg overall since purchase).

Great Truck
By rlhill96 on 06/03/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned both Ford and Chevys in the past and the '06 Tundra SR5 Double Cab is by far the best I have ever owned. Only two complaints, fuel mileage and turning radius. Both of these are minor complaints due to the fact that this is a big truck, and you cant expect to get mileage in the 20's with something this size or expect to turn it like a corolla. I sure when (if) I wear this one out, I will be purchasing another full size Toyota. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive and has plenty of power to haul my needs.

2006 Toyota Tundra with XPS package V8
By Carlos on 05/18/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very useful and comfortable to drive, great cargo in the back, fun to drive, but painful to park, I had trucks all my life, the worst direction and ratio.

Smooth Ride
By Pop on 03/15/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Durable and reliable, this truck rides like a nice sedan. Radio remote on steering wheel changes am, fm, cd, volume, stations. Nice large console. Lockable bed. Large size takes getting used to if you haven't been driving a large truck. Mileage is not good but is typical of a large pickup.

Love my Tundra
By Love my TOYota! on 02/14/08 09:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is an excellent, well built vehicle. It handles very well on or off road. Well worth the initial cost. I don't need to worry about it breaking down. Had a Dodge which does not even come close to comparison from the start (i.e. engine & transmission dependability even the first 100k miles). Everything, from how the doors fit shut to how it handles driving, it is a well built vehicle with a group of mechanics that take the time and effort to keep tight specs and pride in their work. The time spent for quality in product, logical engineering and not just pushing a product out the door to just make a buck has a great product being produced. Thank you Toyota, for the grand work!

'06 Tundra One Reliable Truck
By Don Stowe on 01/26/08 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Tundra, owned the 2000 when it first came out, with never a problem. The '06 had recall for new lower ball joints, never had a problem with it. The 2000 was never in the shop, not once. The '06 as a recall as mentioned and 2 oil changes but I usually do my own. This is one reliable truck very responsive and tough with good fuel economy for its size. I would not hesitate to own another, sold on the quality of the vehicle. The ride is excellent, have made several trips to haul various things. Pulls my utility trailer loaded and with the bed loaded too very well. Can put a 1/2 ton on the tailgate and ride. The truck can haul a heavy load. Tundra is one solid truck.

Great Truck
By Phillip Bardin on 12/29/07 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. Very comfortable to drive. Stable in curves if not pushed real hard (not a sports car). Decent gas mileage I get 18 all around and 20+ on trips. Ride height gives great vision of road. I bought the 2006 because I liked the smaller truck better than the larger 2008.

The 7/8 truck
By dave on 12/11/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just love this truck and the color salsa red. We have the x-sp package with the 18" enkei alloy w/tire upgrade. I have no problem towing my boat or trailer with the truck. I like side molding w/chrome inserts. I like the double wall cargo bed with rail caps and locking tailgate and chrome step tubes. This truck rides like a car, very smooth and takes the bumps very well, that is why my wife likes to drive it. If you watch the lights and don't punch the gas when you take off, you can get 16 mpg in the city and 19 on the highway, the best i got was 21 on the highway and 16 in the city. The arm rests are a little small for anyone.

OK truck
By bigguy on 11/23/07 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Truck is very well made but with gas at an all time high, don't think it will hold its value very long. Like the large back doors it has and the hand grips in the front make it easy to get into. The carpet seems a little cheap and I don't think the leather will hold up for the long hall. They put in a cheap radio and cd player and the middle compartment is to low between the front seats. The seat adjustments in the front are not that good seem cheap and the arm rest are very small for a large persons arm. Lots of room under the hood if you need to work on anything under there and oil filter is easy to get to but hard to not get oil all over. Paint job so far has kept up well.

Great Everyday Pickup
By Andy on 11/19/07 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is a great value for those looking for a balance between work and play. It will easily get your boat to the lake and your landscaping trailer to the job site. It handles moderate payloads comfortably and is comparable to most trucks in its class. The interior fits 5 adults comfortably and the controls are simple and straight forward. It does everything a pickup is supposed to while having a extremely comfortable ride. If you carry a lot of tools and other nic nacs, you will need a tool box due to lack of interior storage. The upside is, the bed is a full half-foot longer than the Titan, F-150, and Silverado Crew Cabs. You won't have to give up a lot of bed space for it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.