2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

Stepside Tundra 4x4
By Truck Man

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Only two complaints: Toyota does not offer a manual tranny for the V8, and the performance leaves something to be desired. This truck is light years better than the domestics I have had.

Favorite Features

Shift-on-the-fly 4x4.

Suggested Improvements

Move the gas gauge so it can be seen while driving.

2006 Tundra Limited 4Dr 4X4
By Steven Marco

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Limited 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this new Tundra because a co-worker has one with 90K hard-driving miles and stil feels "new". I love the Tundra because it has ample room for 5 comfortable passengers, has an easy-to-use 4x4 system that has gotten me out of several icy situations. It has the refinement of a Mercedes-Benz combined with the fun of an ATV! After 2000 miles I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck for family/projects/towing.

Favorite Features

"Instant" 4x4 (works great to get out of trouble when stuck in 2x4 mode) Flawless fit & finish, classy, intelligently-designed interior (feels like a luxury vehicle), variable valve-timing V8 has ample torque and horsepower, smoothest driving truck with proven resiliency to abuse.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had the ability to play MP3s (update the CD deck please) - this is easy to fix with an after-market sound system upgrade.

Yes, this truck is great
By geordy818

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Limited 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has great power, it is stable anywhere thanks to the limited slip differential and it is pretty fast.

Favorite Features

It has great handling and good manueverability.

Suggested Improvements

More towing capacity and a better roar to the engine.

No Problem -Toyota-
By Terry C.

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most solid pickup I've ever been in in my life! Nary a squeak or rattle anywhere. This is my third Toy pickup and I'm impressed with their product. The V-6 provides ample power, I didn't want a six cylinder until I tried one. Buy with confidence!

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5
By Bryon

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awsome. The look the power the feel. I live at the beach so the 7/8th size full size is perfect. Could not be more happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, interior, quality.

Suggested Improvements

Darker interior choices.

Poor gas mileage climbing hills
By Mountain Top Tundra

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my 06 Tundra for 5 weeks now, 500 miles. I drive 2.8 miles round trip to work and back. I coast to work, because it is all downhill. I climb a steep mountain going home. Only getting 10 mpg. Going to put Nitrogen in tires and replace air filter with a K & N air filter, hope mileage improve. This is the only complaint I have on this vehicle, otherwise it is great.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, toyota reliabiity

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Very Satisfied Tundra Owner
By T Massey

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We did our research, including he said & they said. We test drove The F150, GMC, Chev, Dodge. For us the Tundra was it. Drives really well, silent running, lots of room. V-8 is powerful, and does an excellent job in meeting our needs. Work, show, or play we feel secure. Tight, solid, speed, and handles as good and better than many cars. Very, very easy to handle on the road, parking, and lots of leg room. We are just so very please with the selection. None of the "well maybe we should have gotten this one or that one" we have never looked back nor have we questioned our decision. When driving my car and I see a Tundra I feel like running home to get our truck too.Very Satisifed Tundra owners

Favorite Features

Excellent handling, silent running, tight built, smooth ride, very good power, physical appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to report at this time. My head is still in the clouds, ask me again next year this time. Right now we are enjoying the positives and blocking out or blind to any negatives. Not many times in my life that I can make such a statement; but such a statement is in order with my Tundra truck.

06 Toyota Tundra
By Carlos

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the truck 500 miles so far, mostly city driving. Excellent truck, very poor gas mileage, 12.5 mpg so far, hope it improves.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good looks, interior design and driving comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.

exhaust leak 06 tundra
By Don

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 16,000 miles I heard a exhaust leak, more pronounced when the vehicle was cold. Sound like defective catylitic convertor issue. I have had it back 2 times at the same dealer I purchased it from they said on the second trip back, could I leave it for 24 hrs so they could test it to which I said yes. When I dropped it off I put a penny over the front tire. 24 hrs later they called me, stating they could not find anything. Guess what when I picked the truck back up it was in the same parking spot with the penney over the tire. What a test. If this is not corrected, my toyota buying days are over. My friend is a cheif mechanic at a gm dealer and agrees it has a exhaust issue.

Favorite Features

great paint quality

Tundra is a Big Pass
By J Jackson

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a truck is a pass. It cant tow very much, "like a truck should" I would say no more then 8000 lbs. I tried to push this truck past 9000lb and It felt very slugish, and like it really needed a break. The F 150 on the othere hand I test drived was by far the best i ve seen yet. It can tow anything almost, and it has plenty of room, and a great look to it as well. The MPG was the best part about it. Also the look of it is terible and the insides too. Very low qulity!

Favorite Features

MPG othere then that nothing

Suggested Improvements

Better look, more power, and a bit more room!