Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

So Far So Good
By R.Kuehner

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle new, V8 with TRD package. It came with a 3" lift kit and 20" rims from the dealer. I'm averaging 16 mpg. The odometer is off by .1 and the odometer by 5 mph due to bigger wheels/tires. Plan to try K&N air filter and maybe a performance muffler such as Flomaster. Overall the truck handles well and is fun to drive. I have as good or better ground clearance than stock 4x4's from other manufacturers. I replaced the radio/CD player but kept the stock speakers as they sound pretty good.

Roll down rear window. Dealer option for 3" lift covered by warranty.

I have the regular cloth seats. The fabric gets damaged easily if you put boxes or other items on the seats. Need a more durable fabric. The covers on the screws for the hand grabs pop off easily, as do the caps on the windshield wipers... need to do better.

Update to my first review
By Jim

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am liking my truck more every day! I get at least 20 mpg just doing every day driving, and I don't drive slow. I have had some short races with some supposed to be fast vehicles, so far I can leave them in the dust! Overall I think it is an awesome truck!

Very quick from a dead stop, and fast as hell from 100 kph to 160 kph.

Just those brakes! And the stereo is not much fun.

By Pete

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I posted back on 4/30/06 and I wanted to comment again. I've owned my Tundra 2 1/2 years now and I'm totally satisfied. I did put flowmasters 70 series (duals) on it and I'm very pleased. Additionally, I did put a K&N filter in it as well. I like the sound of it but more importantly my MPG is decent now. I don't drive like a race car driver but I do use it like a truck. City driving I get 16-17. Highway is 19 to 22. Here is the secret... 70 MPH is where I stop getting 20 MPG or better. It drops down to 18-19 MPG.

I like everything about my truck. I have no intentions of trading it in.

It still bugs me about no transmission dipstick but I just had my 30,000 mile service down and the fluid was just fine. The only other item that I'm looking at now is raising the front end to be be level with the rear. I like 4x4s to be the same height.

This truck rocks!
By Rufus

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The more I drive it, the more I like it! I Just took a trip to a wild park north of where I live, 400 kilometers round trip, I was driving normally, using the air conditioning, I got 23.5 miles per gallon, U.S. gallons, I think that is pretty good! I use it to haul my snowmobile up to the mountains and drive to work. I just put a K&N reusable air filter on it this week, I noticed a little more snap off the line, but it was already a very quick little truck. All in all I am very happy with it.

The ride and the performance, nice colour!!

Brakes could be better, sound system could be better.

Smooth Ride
By Pop

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Limited 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Durable and reliable, this truck rides like a nice sedan. Radio remote on steering wheel changes am, fm, cd, volume, stations. Nice large console. Lockable bed. Large size takes getting used to if you haven't been driving a large truck. Mileage is not good but is typical of a large pickup.

Smooth ride, radio controls, back seats fold up for storage.

Floorboard lights should be standard equipment.