2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2006 Tundra double cab

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

2006 Tundra double cab
By Don on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very happy with Toyota build quality. (Camry = 240K 4Runner = 85K) I like almost everything about this vehicle. The ride is excellent. It is smooth and quite. It has plenty of interior room. Rear seat has more room than my Suburban rear seat. Plenty of power for the engine size. Cruises well on the interstate. Pulls and hauls well. The truck came with just the few options I wanted. I wanted a truck not a limo. After shopping I found this vehicle for just a few hundred more than a Chevy with the same options. Everyone that rides in it comments on the ride quality. Radio/CD is OK but not great. Need a football field to turn it around. Parking is tough. It sits a little too high.

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Great ride. Plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turning radius. Better gas mileage (my 5.7L Suburban gets better milage,turns and parks better), 2-3 inch lower stance. Bench seat in front with fold down console (it only seats 5). Then it would be a perfect 10.