2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
A Keeper
By John on 12/15/05 00:03 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Went from small to full size. Did not know what to expect. Love it, Love it, what else would you expect from a TOYOTA

AWESOME TRUCK
By AWESOME on 12/14/05 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Out of all of the trucks out there you can not go wrong with toyota. My family has 3 all total. Toyota isnt given its credit for its solid designs and reliability.

2nd Tundra
By Jim Kang on 12/08/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second tundra that I have owned. I have been very happy with the second so far and see no reason that should change. The only reason I purchased the new truck was for the back seat. The new truck has more power, features, and especially ROOM. I have not take the new truck 4- wheeling yet, but the old (2000 sr5 4x4) was always more than capable. The new truck also has limited slip and ABS that the old does not. Great truck very comfortable, and reliable.

My 2006 Tundra
By IQBALDHILLON2 on 11/23/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2006 Toyota Tundra is a great truck. It is much easier to drive than a F-150. It has a super charged 282 horsepower. With a 7100 pound towing capacity. It will deliver about 325 pounds torque. This truck is incredibly smooth. One thing the Tundra lacks is towing and horsepower. I hope to drive out my Tundra to at least 100000 miles. Then I will trade it in for a 07 Tundra truck

Can't Go Wrong
By Jesse Lott on 11/23/05 00:36 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is my 3rd Toyota. I have had zero problems with them. Ever. The mileage is good, considering. The ride is sweet, but you know you're in a truck. The power sliding rear window is a wonderful idea. The truck is large enough to handle anything I would need, but it not so oversize that parking and negotiating is an issue. The fit and finish tops as is Toyota's reputation holds. Power is there when needed and the tranny is smooth. Styling is not "gotta have it," but it grows on you. This is the last truck I will buy. Period.

Best Truck
By Anthony on 11/20/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, nice comfortable ride and quiet, 6 cylinders plenty of power for me. Driven 9000 miles in 3 months, no problems. Excellent Toyota quality.

best half ton made
By Frank on 11/17/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very pleased wth the Toyota Tundra. It rides like a large sedan and has the smoothest transmission I have ever driven. It is usually not possible to tell when it shifts other than watching the tachometer. The acceleration is excellent. The seats are extremely comfortable and the rear seats are as comfortable, roomy, and solidly supporting as the front seats.

Look Out Big 3
By Dave on 11/07/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I checked out the "Big 3" and neither Ford, Chevy or Dodge could compare to the Tundra's long-term reliability or resale value. I anticipate having this truck between 5-7 years and all the research I conducted led me back to the Tundra. Absolutely no regrets, and I can truly say I made the right choice.

Not a work truck
By tommy2 on 10/27/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Truck is nice to have parked in your driveway so that your friends can praise it's style. But don't hook up a 4500lb loaded trailer or put 20 sheets of 1/2" plywood in the back. It will strain and groan to get going, and by the way, don't pass any gas stations when loaded. Otherwise, it is nice and quiet, ride is smooth, takes pumps well, and stops when you need to. I have 4000 miles in 5 weeks, and will be trading it off next month for a truck that I can use for my work

2005 Toyota Tundra TSS Series
By Catherine on 10/27/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We initally test drove a tundra in 2004 and after test driving all other brands of trucks, we kept coming back to the Tundra. We love it. It is a very comfortable ride and quiet. Very roomy for the family and friends.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.