2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Big Winner
By Mean Gene on 02/12/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went out and drove every truck made, plus read every review possible. The Toyota Tundra won hands down. I like the looks of others but a 6 MPG Hemi dont cut it for me. I did have a minor problem with the truck cutting in and out when below zero. But seem to correct itself, mileage around 14 with a K & N filter. Great truck, but I wish all options were avaiable, not by region.

Great Driving Truck
By Awesome Truck on 01/20/06 23:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck drives better than any truck I've ever owned. I've owned Chevys and Fords, but this truck is better by far. I've always owned trucks, if you want a medium towing truck this is it for sure. Heavy duty towing, I'd go with a different truck that offers bigger engines and higher tourque. Overall though this truck has got to be the best at the medium level by far.

Simple and Reliable
By Andrew on 01/12/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted to by a Ford F-150, but after having a 97 Expedition that had a lot of electrical issues I decide to get the Tundra. This truck is very practical... I'm a home owner and use it for going to the dump, loading up soil and brick for projects around the house. Drives very smooth and has a quite cab. I'm not a big person... 5'10" 210 ... has plenty of room for me. I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old who ride in the rear seats and they have plenty of room. I did have a buy a tonneau cover to increase my storage space (a fold up 3 piece that I can remove to load large items in the back)... now the truck has all the storage that I need. I hope this helps.. no regrets in buying mine.

TRD
By TRD on 01/12/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Regardless of what some write ups may say, my suspension and drive train and much much more stiff than any of my friends other trucks. I have the TRD and tow package and the suspension is uncomparable. Even though the horsepower rating may be less, It's "rear wheel" horsepower and not engine horsepower that's important. Even with less horsepower, my truck will still beat all of the competitors in the 1/4 mile. The drive train is very basic. All of the power from the motor goes directly to the rear without any traction control and other HP robbing items. The only problem is that I get a slight off start clunking from the rear. But I'm finding out that this is normal for this truck.

Great Everyday Truck
By Jill on 01/05/06 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Unless you are doing some serious hauling and towing on a daily basis, there is no reason not to own this truck. Initially there was nothing special about the interior, but it has grown on me and now I really like it. Very smooth ride and engine, with great acceleration. Gas mileage has been good, especially for a truck. It's a comfortable easy to drive truck with Toyota reliability. The power rear window is a nice touch, and the 8 cup holders (4dr.) are great for families or just those of us who seem to collect beverages in out vehicles. Superior visibility, and excellent handling make the Tundra a perfect truck for everyday life, and Toyota's reliability.

Tundra 4x4 double cab.
By JISingh on 01/03/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The truck has been very reliable, very comfortable,has good fit and finish. Extremely capable off road and very fast and powerful. It is silent compared with other trucks I have owned and handles like a car. Attention has been paid to the needs of the owner. There is plenty of storage space and the sound system is actually a little too good for a truck.

Best Overall Large Truck
By JOHN M. on 12/24/05 05:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Tremendous quality in design and manufacturing. High reliability.

Great Truck
By Jerome on 12/24/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got this truck and am so glad that did! I did my research and this is the best truck for the money. Great features and good performance.

2006 Toyota Tundra
By I KNOW TRUCKS on 12/22/05 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well I did it, I bought this truck and am 100% satisfied. I won't be buying anymore of the big 3, I have owned all the trucks and none compare to the Tundra. I almost bought the Honda Ridgeline (had it prepped and ready for pick up) but after driving the Tundra I changed my mind. If you want a truck for truckly things the Tundra is the best deal. I was expecting a lite, lazy, over revving imitation of a truck. Not so! This is a truck in the truest sense of what trucks are supposed to be.

Great Truck
By Moe on 12/15/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I agonized of my choice between the Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra. I have driven chevy's for years, however I am more than happy with my choice of the Toyota Tundra. It is a great ride. It handles well and has adequate cabin space. I am a big guy and I fit very comfortably in the driver seat. The rear roll down window is a plus. The pay load and towing ability is satisfactory, it fits my families needs. Toyota service is second to none. Can improve gas mileage and storage space. I think you will love this truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.