2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Why I like my truck
By Mike on 04/04/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Toyotas in my life and this truck by far is the bomb. With all of the extra room in this vehicle I am not worried about the new baby that is on its way. And I currently have three boys, so you can imagine what I am talking about. With the powerful engine I am assured that we are not going to be slow on the take-off, or not have enough power to pass someone on the highway. Am looking forward to really taking it off-road. Thank you for making such a fine vehicle.

Great Truck
By New Ranch Owner on 04/02/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First truck I've owned but sure rides good. Seems very well built. Can't complain about fuel economy, but drive quite a bit of freeway miles. I did test drive all the different type trucks out there and chose this baby! Would suggest that you go buy ya one!!

Moving up to the Tundra
By Mr. Josh on 03/17/06 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my T100. The new Tundra helps me cope ;) This truck rides smooth; plenty of room for me and the family. For those wanting MORE towing, look for the 2007 Tundra with a 5.7L. For those wanting MPG, this truck does great. My T100 was getting 17/20, my Tundra gets 16/19. Not a bad trade for a lot more truck.

AWESOME TRUCK
By GMMECH69 on 03/17/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is one awesome truck. I love it. The truck rides like a car. I have been very happy with it. I like how the back window totally rolls down. I own a pop up camper and it tows it just fine. If you are looking for a nice vehicle which will tow anything within reason then this is the truck for you.

Old School Tundra
By jwolfgong on 03/16/06 21:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had 'Blackie' for one day, but here are my initial impressions. Interior is klugey. Buttons everywhere and old technology like no auto-up, no mist on wipers and A/C not coupled to defrost. You could easily smack into something while looking for controls or the clock which is in a good spot if you happen to be looking for a lost contact lense. Seats are NG. Too flat. So far I can't get the 'beeps' to turn off for the remote locking function. One of the Homelink buttons will not accept a transmitter code for some reason. Tomorrow I go back to the dealer and see why the engine oil is low already. I'll let you know how that goes...

Best Truck on The Market
By Craig on 03/15/06 18:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First truck I have owned. I needed a truck to assist in the rebuilding of my property in New Orleans. Great price and incentives from the factory. Should have gotten the four door model for $1000.00 more. Well you live and learn. Truck came with front bench seat. Captains chairs with center console would have been a better choice.

Great Truck
By GO TRD!!! on 02/28/06 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just picked up my truck in Feb. 2006 and WOW. This is a really nice vehicle. I have driven for work many of its competitors, but none of those trucks have the get-up and go like the Tundra. I have been in the auto industry for quite some time and never really paid much attention to the Tundra. But while doing some research on Edmunds I was educated, and now am a happy owner of the Sliver Sky SR5 Toyota Tundra. All I can say is great truck and fun to drive!!!

I love it!
By Tim on 02/25/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is beyond wonderful. I highly recommend purchasing one before the 2007 hit the market. I look forward to using it for camping with the family!

Finally, and well worth the wait!!!
By William on 02/24/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I got wise and sold my GMC Sierra, I knew I would buy a Toyota if they released a crew cab full size model. Well, they did, and to me they got it right. It may not be the fastest, or the nicest interior, but the overall fit and finish, says Toyota. If you wanted it could be the first and last truck you ever buy. Toyota's are known for quality, durability and reliability and this truck delivers on all 3, plus it has the best body lines of any of the big trucks out there.

Hawaiian Tundra
By Jon Cannella on 02/14/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Tundra. this is my favorite truck by far. I have owned other makes and models and this is my best one yet. I have no problem with the towing issues, and I tow 2 Motorcycles and carry 2 in the bed with 4 adult passengers every weekend. I use my truck every day and i love it. to me the other brands were too flamboyant and not enough attention on craftmanship. I will drive my Tundra for many years and be proud of it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.