2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 10

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Get one while you can....!
By kmagman on 06/30/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2006 Tundra because the 2007 model will be HUGE and probably less economical. I bought this vehicle to take the place of a Lexus RX 300 and a Mazda B4000 pickup. It handles BETTER than the RX 300 and is just as comfortable with all the same comfort features and build quality.

The Toyota Tundra
By Harryooooo on 06/29/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The toyota tundra is the truck. I have owned them all from Dodge to chevy to Nissan and the tundra puts them to shame. The best part of owning a toyota tundra, when its time for sell, it holds its value. Lets face it, if everyone could afford one, they would be driving one. Toyota is the smart choice

Stepside Style
By Second Tundra on 06/28/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Performance (4.7L) is powerful and smooth. Bucket seats are very comfortable. Quality, fit & finish, reliability is outstanding. Resale value (Toyota is always in demand as a used vehicle). Transmission is smooth. Ride is incredible.

toyota man again
By Steve on 06/21/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second toyota, the first one bought in 1983, before Toyota was established as a serious contender for the truck market. The Tundra is Toyota's crown jewel truck! it offers an excellent ride and performance package that rivals all of the domestic trucks to be sure. My first Toyota lasted 150,000 miles and was still running strong when I sold it ten years later. I'm sure I'll get at least that much and more from this one!

Good Solid Truck
By Maldivan on 04/30/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the last 10+ years I've owned nothing but Chevy Ext Cabs. This truck stacks up well against it. The V6 is amazingly nimble and if towing isn't a consideration then the V6 is an obvious choice.The Chevy's ride smoother but not by much. The Toyota is the quietest truck I've ever driven, I'm sure the undercoating has a lot to do with it. I decided to go with the Toyota for the simple reasons of reliability and resale values, not to mention it's a very nice looking truck. I'm very pleased with the truck so far and am still amazed at the Power the V6 has.It will be hard to give this truck up. I think Chevrolet has lost a customer.

Old School Tundra Update
By jwolfgong on 04/30/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, maybe my first review was a bit harsh. I have 2700 miles on it now and am averaging 14 MPG without much highway mileage. Highway ride is very sound for a full size truck. Here are options I do have: CC2, CK3, DJ1, AA3, JC2, JZ3, KE3, KG3, LD2, LF3, PG2, CF2, LU3, ES1. I have rated each 1, 2 or 3. 1 equal low value and 3 high value. I would opt for EBD and VSC if I redid this purchase. On a truck with a long wheel base the EBD can really make a difference, IE keep you on the road by correcting your slide before you realize you are in one.

Liking it so far!
By Pete on 04/30/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Tundra 4x4 TRD and I'm liking it so far. Since I've only had it for a short time I cannot speak long term about it... but so far everything is pretty sweet. I know one of the biggest items talked about is poor fuel mileage. A few items that have been brought to my attention is putting a K&N filter and a better exhaust will give you a few extra miles per gal. I'm going to do it soon...so I'll let you know. I had a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 V-10...now that was a thirsty truck, that's why I don't have it anymore, but I loved it. My Toyota so far gets between 17 to 19, but she is still getting broke in. Other than that I really like the truck... she rides real nice.

An Already Good Truck Gets Better
By Ki Moy on 04/30/06 01:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a happy ex-owner of a 2001 Toyota Tundra Sr-5 V-8 Access cab, I am even happier with my brand new 2006 Double cab v-8. I have so much fun driving this vehicle! Overall, the truck just got better over the years. I am so glad Toyota cares enough to keep their customers satisfied with dependable products.

very disappointed
By Mike on 04/12/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the inside design of the Toyota Tundra, the power window controls are placed too far back for ease of use. The clock is very low on the dash which makes you take your eyes off of the road to see the time, then you have to look up to see the temp. and direction your are traveling. Toyota should have placed the clock in the radio which would have made it easier to see. The bucket seats are uncomfortable and the center console should of been higher, then no need for armrests. Probably will be my one and only toyota truck.

Great Truck
By coolfb on 04/09/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides very smooth, everyone who has taken a ride cannot believe how smooth and quiet it is. The powertrain is very refined.