2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7 on 12/31/12 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value. This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

Great Truck, Poor MPG
By Chuck F on 03/19/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just over a yr ago, changed the plugs and air filter, but still can not get over 13.9 on a trip straight through driving. Got as low as 10 mpg 4 wheel drive winter city driving, I average 12.5 mpg :(

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Mikon on 06/12/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Salsa Red color is gorgeous. The 4-wheel drive is as impeccable as my 2000 Tundra Access Cab. The ride is quiet and comfortable at all speeds. My wife loves the heated seats and steering wheel-mounted radion controls. Great visibility (taller than my 2000 Tundra vecause of the 18" wheels). The power rear window is great (and quiet) for open air driving. Hardly know my boat trailer is there when pulling it. Mileage is excellent (18.3 mpg overall since purchase).

Solid Value for the Money
By Bob on 07/09/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck new, drove 15,000 miles and waited almost a year to do this review. Have also read other reviews. Yes, the transmission shift points and brakes took time to get used to, but now that I am used to them, I better appreciate the way they are designed and operate - and I like them. Tows my 6,000 lb boat and trailer adequately. Highway ride is great - I prefer over my wife's Lexus GX 470. Gas mileage has met my expectations at 17-18 mpg around town and on the road (reason I do not trade up for a 07 big engine). What I especially like is the value for the price: leather, stability control, side curtain air bags and all the practical accessories I needed.

Good ride good truck
By Kenny K on 11/24/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A very nice driver. Good pick up on the freeway. It is very comfortable to drive and sit in.

Poor Gas Mileage - Less than EPA Rating
By Robert on 08/24/06 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I are both Toyota owners. My wife owns a 2003 Avalon, while I have access to the 4.7L V8 engine 2006 Tundra. I have really been disappointed with actual fuel mileage compared to rated fuel mileage for the Tundra. This issue looms even larger in light of the higher fuel prices over 2005 prices. Actual highway mileage is 14-15 mpg, while the EPA fuel rating is 18-20 mpg for higway driving. Actual city mileage is poor. The Tundra's turning radius is also problematic. Typical u-turns from a two way street or highway onto a two way street or hignway are virtually impossible without having to turn and backup.

Get one while you can....!
By kmagman on 06/30/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2006 Tundra because the 2007 model will be HUGE and probably less economical. I bought this vehicle to take the place of a Lexus RX 300 and a Mazda B4000 pickup. It handles BETTER than the RX 300 and is just as comfortable with all the same comfort features and build quality.

The Toyota Tundra
By Harryooooo on 06/29/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The toyota tundra is the truck. I have owned them all from Dodge to chevy to Nissan and the tundra puts them to shame. The best part of owning a toyota tundra, when its time for sell, it holds its value. Lets face it, if everyone could afford one, they would be driving one. Toyota is the smart choice

I love it!
By Tim on 02/25/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is beyond wonderful. I highly recommend purchasing one before the 2007 hit the market. I look forward to using it for camping with the family!

Best Overall Large Truck
By JOHN M. on 12/24/05 05:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Tremendous quality in design and manufacturing. High reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.