Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value. This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

Favorite Features

Offroad ready; power

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels and tires

Great Truck, Poor MPG
By Chuck F

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just over a yr ago, changed the plugs and air filter, but still can not get over 13.9 on a trip straight through driving. Got as low as 10 mpg 4 wheel drive winter city driving, I average 12.5 mpg :(

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats, jbl speakers, electric rear window, sunroof, steering wheel controls, no leaks!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy, GPS is not user friendly.

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Mikon

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Salsa Red color is gorgeous. The 4-wheel drive is as impeccable as my 2000 Tundra Access Cab. The ride is quiet and comfortable at all speeds. My wife loves the heated seats and steering wheel-mounted radion controls. Great visibility (taller than my 2000 Tundra vecause of the 18" wheels). The power rear window is great (and quiet) for open air driving. Hardly know my boat trailer is there when pulling it. Mileage is excellent (18.3 mpg overall since purchase).

Favorite Features

Comfort and quietness on long drives, never seem tired after a long haul. Good sound system. Steady, well controlled handling/steering. Great traction off-road when 4-wheeling to mountain lakes for fishing. Lockable and removeable tailgate. Great ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

None found to date!

Solid Value for the Money
By Bob

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck new, drove 15,000 miles and waited almost a year to do this review. Have also read other reviews. Yes, the transmission shift points and brakes took time to get used to, but now that I am used to them, I better appreciate the way they are designed and operate - and I like them. Tows my 6,000 lb boat and trailer adequately. Highway ride is great - I prefer over my wife's Lexus GX 470. Gas mileage has met my expectations at 17-18 mpg around town and on the road (reason I do not trade up for a 07 big engine). What I especially like is the value for the price: leather, stability control, side curtain air bags and all the practical accessories I needed.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning capacity is marginal. Barely OK for SC climate.

Good ride good truck
By Kenny K

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A very nice driver. Good pick up on the freeway. It is very comfortable to drive and sit in.

Favorite Features

Rear window goes down as well as defrosts.

Suggested Improvements

Auto locks that lock after the truck reaches 10 MPH. Radio does not stay on when the key is off.