Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2006 4WD DC Limited with 52k miles
By abcinv@yahoo.com

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the perfect size for a truck. I've owned three F150's and none felt as comfortable as this truck. So far I've had zero problems (other than it loves to drink gas).
My mileage will actually go down and I expect to hit 100k miles around year 2025. With Toyota holding value so well I expect to get most of my money back when it comes time to sell (just before 100k miles).

Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value.
This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

Offroad ready; power

Bigger wheels and tires

Great Truck, Poor MPG
By Chuck F

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just over a yr ago, changed the plugs and air filter, but still can not get over 13.9 on a trip straight through driving. Got as low as 10 mpg 4 wheel drive winter city driving, I average 12.5 mpg :(

Leather, heated seats, jbl speakers, electric rear window, sunroof, steering wheel controls, no leaks!

Fuel Economy, GPS is not user friendly.

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Mikon

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Salsa Red color is gorgeous. The 4-wheel drive is as impeccable as my 2000 Tundra Access Cab. The ride is quiet and comfortable at all speeds. My wife loves the heated seats and steering wheel-mounted radion controls. Great visibility (taller than my 2000 Tundra vecause of the 18" wheels). The power rear window is great (and quiet) for open air driving. Hardly know my boat trailer is there when pulling it. Mileage is excellent (18.3 mpg overall since purchase).

Comfort and quietness on long drives, never seem tired after a long haul. Good sound system. Steady, well controlled handling/steering. Great traction off-road when 4-wheeling to mountain lakes for fishing. Lockable and removeable tailgate. Great ground clearance.

None found to date!

Solid Value for the Money
By Bob

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck new, drove 15,000 miles and waited almost a year to do this review. Have also read other reviews. Yes, the transmission shift points and brakes took time to get used to, but now that I am used to them, I better appreciate the way they are designed and operate - and I like them. Tows my 6,000 lb boat and trailer adequately. Highway ride is great - I prefer over my wife's Lexus GX 470. Gas mileage has met my expectations at 17-18 mpg around town and on the road (reason I do not trade up for a 07 big engine). What I especially like is the value for the price: leather, stability control, side curtain air bags and all the practical accessories I needed.

Air conditioning capacity is marginal. Barely OK for SC climate.