2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Our Boutique Tundra
By carnut1973 on 01/21/11 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our burgundy Tundra Double Cab Limited 2WD new...had all options: sunroof, leather, 6-disc in-dash changer and dealer installed Borla exhaust (which sounded great--it was the wife's truck and she wanted a truck that sounded like a truck). Our Tundra performed wonderfully but we sold it when gas prices shot over $4/gal because it really was only being used as a commuter-got about 16 in town and could squeeze out 20 on the highway. As a boutique truck it did great--smooth ride, 5 adults could travel in comfort and the full size bed w/ tonneau cover could carry ridiculous amounts of luggage.

First V8 Truck
By Hayden on 11/26/08 15:00 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really missed not having a truck for the past 5 years. With the $4 a gallon gas I found some amazing deals out there on barely used trucks. I usually commute on a 52mpg motorcycle so fuel mileage is irrelevant to me. Having said that I average 19.1 gallons in the tundra with a easy driving style. It will get over 20mpg on road trips @70-75 mph. I wanted a double cab with at least a 6' bed which ruled out a lot of trucks. I drove a dodge and ford but they seemed to lack refinement and power. Overall I am very happy with the truck its the limited so its loaded with very nice JBL 6 disc changer, plenty of interior room, excellent ride smooth and quiet.

2006 Toyota Tundra with XPS package V8
By Carlos on 05/18/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very useful and comfortable to drive, great cargo in the back, fun to drive, but painful to park, I had trucks all my life, the worst direction and ratio.

Great Truck
By Moe on 12/15/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I agonized of my choice between the Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra. I have driven chevy's for years, however I am more than happy with my choice of the Toyota Tundra. It is a great ride. It handles well and has adequate cabin space. I am a big guy and I fit very comfortably in the driver seat. The rear roll down window is a plus. The pay load and towing ability is satisfactory, it fits my families needs. Toyota service is second to none. Can improve gas mileage and storage space. I think you will love this truck.

Not a work truck
By tommy2 on 10/27/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Truck is nice to have parked in your driveway so that your friends can praise it's style. But don't hook up a 4500lb loaded trailer or put 20 sheets of 1/2" plywood in the back. It will strain and groan to get going, and by the way, don't pass any gas stations when loaded. Otherwise, it is nice and quiet, ride is smooth, takes pumps well, and stops when you need to. I have 4000 miles in 5 weeks, and will be trading it off next month for a truck that I can use for my work

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.