2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7 on 12/31/12 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value. This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

Great TRUCK!
By yangk on 11/24/11 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck used with 14,000 miles in 2008. Now has 56,000 miles and needs it's first pair of brakes. It's a V8 so gas/fuel consumption is not like a PRIUS so I'm not whinning. I average 18 mpg mix hwy/city and about 19-20 hwy. Tows my 18' Lund fishing boat nicely. 6' bed is a must, I didn't buy a new Tundra because of the bed. The crew cab is great, handles 5 adult passenger w/ ease. Interior is ok, when it's cold, it creeks when you go over bumps. Parking is a-ok, like any truck, it won't have turning radius like my wife's Lexus. Overall, I love it, and plan on keeping it for a LONG LONG LONG time! These trucks are also hard to come along. If I find another one, I might snatch er' up

Our Boutique Tundra
By carnut1973 on 01/21/11 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our burgundy Tundra Double Cab Limited 2WD new...had all options: sunroof, leather, 6-disc in-dash changer and dealer installed Borla exhaust (which sounded great--it was the wife's truck and she wanted a truck that sounded like a truck). Our Tundra performed wonderfully but we sold it when gas prices shot over $4/gal because it really was only being used as a commuter-got about 16 in town and could squeeze out 20 on the highway. As a boutique truck it did great--smooth ride, 5 adults could travel in comfort and the full size bed w/ tonneau cover could carry ridiculous amounts of luggage.

2006 Tundra XSP
By miller1624 on 04/14/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new. It now has 87K miles on it and it has never had anything done but oil service. Very dependable and sharp truck. My only compliant is it gets poor fuel mileage and the turning radius is terrible. Bottom line it looks great and never breaks down.

Great Truck, Poor MPG
By Chuck F on 03/19/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just over a yr ago, changed the plugs and air filter, but still can not get over 13.9 on a trip straight through driving. Got as low as 10 mpg 4 wheel drive winter city driving, I average 12.5 mpg :(

Best Truck Ever
By Matt on 01/07/10 08:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a Ford, and a Chevy truck this Tundra by far is the best I have owned. Mine has the bench with the fold down arm rest and I love it. I fit six pretty big guys in there with no problem. I have pulled trailers that weighed close to 6500 lbs and it felt like nothing was back there...The truck is rated kind of low for towing but I think it can handle most loads...I actually average about 19.2 mpg overall and thats a 6 month avg. Low maintenance Great overall truck...We are Toyota Family and would recommend this truck to anyone looking for one. I am ready for my next one in about 20 years.........

Love My Truck
By paulb67 on 04/22/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With all its faults, I love my truck. Great lease price, not a single mech. problem in 50K miles. Seats feel a little loose and have been to dealer several times to no avail. Gas mileage stinks on this as a daily driver no towing anything, but love the comfort and power. Also mirror on doors slightly loose.

I'm happy I looked and waited...
By lvitch on 04/16/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great Truck! Down sides: Needs better lumbar support, Big turning radius (I'm used to my old pathfinder), windshield scratches easily. I love this truck more every time I drive it. Plenty of power, I don't even know my 19' bass boat is back there. Highway passing is effortless. Gets the same mileage whether I'm towing or not (18 mpg). Plenty of room for me and my family (I'm 6'1 and my kids are huge). Hands down the best I looked at and drove, period.

Love this Truck!
By Ballplayer7 on 04/09/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck over a year now, love every time I drive it. Had access cab before, love the double cab and 4wd. Truck came with dealer 3" lift kit, TRD Off Road Pkg and over sized tires. Still drives awesome in city or highway and wife feels comfortable driving also. On nice flat roads with cruise control I'll get 20+mpg, I had to do the calcs twice to confirm. Plenty of room in back for my fellow softballers, headroom and leg room, no complaints. Installed hard cover on bed and love the locking tailgate, plenty of room for our ballbags.

Love My truck
By DHoward96 on 03/12/09 00:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the truck more and more everyday. I bought it 7/31/06. I was a Chevy man to the core, traded a 00 Silverado ext. cab to get this truck. I have used it to tow everything from my 24 ft. pontoon to my 25 ft. camper. I tested 06 Silverado and Ram crew cabs, they didn't compare to this truck overall. Had a bigger bed than the 06 Silverado and interior is just as comfortable. All the Dodge had going for it was that gas-sucking hemi. Toyota in my opinion had it beat everywhere else. If Toyota ever produces a diesel, I will never drive anything else. That is the only way you will ever get decent fuel mileage towing a camper. Great looking truck too. Large truck fuel economy though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.