Used 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Another great Toyota truck!!
By huladog

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My previous Toyota truck was a 1992 4WD V6 with a 5-speed. I racked up over 285,000 miles on it with no problems. Take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you. Same has held true for my 2006 Tundra. I found an extremely rare 2006 SR5 Access Cab with the 4.0L and a 6-speed manual transmission and had to have it. Bought it in 2011 with 181,000 miles. Miles mean nothing on Toyotas if they have been maintained. Replaced the shocks with Bilstein HD's (Yellow), and it made it ride like a new truck! With 220,000 miles on it, I am ready to declare my Tundra the worthy successor to the Beast! Had one single failure, a bad coil, which was easy to replace. 400,000 here I come!

Smooth power from 4.0L engine Roomy and comfortable Smooth, quiet ride and great noise isolation Accurate steering makes highway cruising easy Very tight turning radius compared to competition Love my Toyota!

Upgrade to performance brake pads for measurable improvement in performance. Dash material a little plasticky. Durable, but can scratch Stock sound system is pretty weak

• Sedan