Used 2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

It's big, it's long, and you're gonna love it.
By Jim

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The double cab gives this truck a very long wheelbase which is great for ride comfort, but bad for turning radius. Also, it makes the truck heavy, so fuel economy takes a bit of a hit. Probably between 16 and 17 MPG on average. Some of the radio controls became "wonky" or uncooperative with age. If you're the "do-it-yourself" type, some standard maintenance tasks are pretty simple on this truck. I replaced the serpentine belt in about 15 minutes having never done one before, and I also replaced the front brake pads and rotors in an afternoon. (I tried to get the rotors turned, but they just needed to be replaced, so that ate up some time.) For auto-mechanic ability, I'm probably about a 5, but these jobs were easier than I expected.

2006 4WD DC Limited with 52k miles
By abcinv@yahoo.com

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the perfect size for a truck. I've owned three F150's and none felt as comfortable as this truck. So far I've had zero problems (other than it loves to drink gas).
My mileage will actually go down and I expect to hit 100k miles around year 2025. With Toyota holding value so well I expect to get most of my money back when it comes time to sell (just before 100k miles).

eveything leaks
By cami62

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

my 2006 just hit 30,000 miles. i bought the 7 year extended warrenty and that expired 2 years ago. eveything on the truck leaks or toyota lies and tells me something is broke. yes 30,000 miles. i just got my rear manifold fixed. toyota said the gasket was leaking. 450 dollars later another mechanic found it was not leaking. im out of that money. toyota wont stand behind what they say. my water pump is leaking. a whole bunch of other stuff is leaking. they want 2000 buck now for the other stuff. i dont know if i want to sell the truck or nickle and dime it to death. just confused as to what to do. everyone says its the cheapest truck to own. im just not to sure any more.

22 mpg

make it so it don't leak after the warranty expires

Another great Toyota truck!!
By huladog

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My previous Toyota truck was a 1992 4WD V6 with a 5-speed.
I racked up over 285,000 miles on it with no problems.
Take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you.
Same has held true for my 2006 Tundra.

I found an extremely rare 2006 SR5 Access Cab with the 4.0L and a 6-speed manual transmission and had to have it. Bought it in 2011 with 181,000 miles.
Miles mean nothing on Toyotas if they have been maintained.
Replaced the shocks with Bilstein HD's (Yellow), and it made it ride like a new truck!

With 220,000 miles on it, I am ready to declare my Tundra the worthy successor to the Beast!
Had one single failure, a bad coil, which was easy to replace.
400,000 here I come!

Smooth power from 4.0L engine Roomy and comfortable Smooth, quiet ride and great noise isolation Accurate steering makes highway cruising easy Very tight turning radius compared to competition Love my Toyota!

Upgrade to performance brake pads for measurable improvement in performance. Dash material a little plasticky. Durable, but can scratch Stock sound system is pretty weak

Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value.
This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

Offroad ready; power