More than I ever expected!
By Eric on
2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I upgraded to this truck (Regular Cab 4WD V8) from my V6 Tacoma because I needed more hauling power and more room in the bed. I have driven this truck 11,500 miles in 6 weeks, sometimes hauling a double axle 16' car trailer and loading heavy car parts in the back. The Tundra's fuel economy while towing is much better than I expected, especially with non California gas. Build quality is excellent, with my only complaint being the cupping of the front tires-the dealer found the front end alignment to be 7 degrees off! I bought the strip model with real window cranks and rubber floor mats for ease of maintenance. I drove them all,but one thing was missing-the Toyota reliability!!!
Favorite Features
My favorite feature has to be the drive train. I was disappointed that a 6 speed manual trans offered with the V8, but the 5 speed auto has been a real pleasure. Acceleration is smooth, and passing power is enough to make a sportscar blush! 4WD traction is unbelievable in snow AND mud!
Suggested Improvements
The only petty improvement I can think of is to not put the cup holder in front of the heater controls and the cargo lamp button. Unfortunately, I don'thave a better place to suggest. Everything else about the Tundra is top of it's game