V6 SR5 after 11,500mi.
By Jim Hamilton on
2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have 11,500mi. since Feb and Av.18.6mpg city and 22mpg hwy. It is the V6 4L. I have no complaints, the best truck I have owned. I am a contractor and do 97% stop and go driving. The seats are comfortable although I would rec. paying extra for the electric drivers seat. The base model SR5 has no lumbar adjustment, my only complaint other than the rear brakes are drum and not disc. That is pretty cheap! I had the 17" wheels switched from the larger 4dr model to my base 4dr. SR5 model+$650 which look 100% better & would do again. I prefer the 4L V6 VVT to the 15-18mpg V8 gas hog. This is my 5th Toyota Truck & I have had 3 Fords, 2 GMC 3/4 ton pickups but the Tundra is my choice
Favorite Features
I like the smooth ride & quiet 4L V6 VVT w/good gas mileage for a pickup 18.6 city after 11,500mi. I like the interior lay out & dash gauges, not thrilled with metal dash board, looks cheap. I like the seats.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see lumbar adj.on the seats of SR5 Cab. For a truck that cost more than others, it should have disc brakes on the rear, not drum brakes. I would like the rear acess doors to open from the inside like Fords. The steel wheels on SR5 models should be sent to the junk yard. Ugly ugly.