2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Ranch Truck

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Ranch Truck
By cowman on

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good employee! This truck works like a one ton on the ranch. Regularly hauls 3000 pounds of feed, pipe, fence posts, etc. Heaviest load in the bed was 8000 pounds (100 bags) of concrete readymix, which it hauled 150 miles without complaining. Frequently tows a bumper pull cattle trailer that weighs over 10,000 pounds loaded with squirming livestock. Most mileage is in pastures and on dirt roads. No repairs, only oil changes for 32,000 miles. Except for going to town, I just leave it in 4WD and still manage 16-17 mpg over rocks and thru creekbeds. On the highway, I have gotten over 21 mpg. Unlike my Dodge and Chevy, the Toyota allows me to be a rancher, instead of mechanic.

Long bed, which can actually hold stuff with the tail gate shut, and has low enough sides to get things out of it without having to climb into it.

Wish that the Tundra had a heavier suspension, or that Toyota made a true one ton truck. The bed sidewalls dent easily, but less so than other new trucks. Newer trucks just need more steel!