Not crazy about it.
By srpeterson on
2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I like my Tundra V8 with the TRD package, but I'm not crazy about it. Ride and handling are great. I've had an irritating rumble/vibration that Toyota claims is a harmonic vibration from the exhaust and they have no fix for it. Live with it is their answer. Very disappointed with the gas mileage. From March to July 2005 I got 14 to 16 mpg. Since then I am averaging 11 to 12 mpg. This is for all round driving. I don't let the truck warm up forever before driving it so very little idling time. Getting some wind noise from somewhere around the windshield that wasn't there when I bought the truck. I have 7400 mi. on it now. Overall I think this is just a so - so vehicle.
Favorite Features
Ride, engine power, power rear window, styling, front cloth bench seat is great.
Suggested Improvements
Better cup holders for the bench seat. They are too shallow and one is so big around that things slide back and forth in it. Improve gas mileage. This doesn't remotely meet the advertised 15/18 city/highway mpg rating. I am getting a more realistic 12/14 mpg. I'm not a speed demon either!