My first truck experience
By Curt's Truck on
2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this truck based on Toyota's quality reputation. I will act as the general contractor for my house currently in design. The passenger door doesn't seem to have been hung correctly as it takes more force to open and close it. It pops up upon opening it. We took the truck to North Carolina last August on vacation and got caught in those very heavy rains. Not only did I not have a problem, I felt very safe and secure. I had no problem driving around in the winter snow here and made it up a hill I thought would surely give me a problem. I think the relatively light aluminum engine makes the truck more evenly balanced enhancing its ability to make it through snow. Great truck.
Favorite Features
I find the ride to be very smooth. I had the bed sprayed shortly after buying it and find the truck quiet even over these potholed streets. No one was able to tell me definitively if this truck had posi-traction. I found that it does. The antilock brakes made winter driving so much easier here.
Suggested Improvements
I find 1st gear a bit to deep. I see a sixth cog was added onto the transmission. That will improve gas mileage. Add hood liner for a more quiet ride. Reclining seats. Make them indepently operable so the passenger can stretch out. Make cruise control available. Two more large speakers in back.