Like it so far
By limited1 on
2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
First Toyota Truck purchase. Lots of good engineering in the engine design; Double overhead cams, variable timing, composite intake, decent cold air intake, less restrictive stock headers that I've ever seen. However, there's still room for improvement. I question decision to use the plastic door handles but I guess people that live in extreme hot areas like it. I haven't quite figured out why there are so many cup holders??? there's a total of 8 in the truck that seats 5. The turning radius is not very good but I wasn't surprices since it is 222 inches long. The Wheels look great. A set of bridgestone tires come stock. I would have rather seen goodyears instead. Overall, I love it so far.
Favorite Features
Leather Package, JBL sound system, power rear sliding window, rims, Performance engine design (4.7L/282HP) with room to grow. Plenty of space in the engine comparment for the aftermarket goodies like a supercharger and headers. Rear air and saftey locks for the kids. Good throttle response and pwr
Suggested Improvements
Move the clock to above the radio, add a mpg counter, make the center console with a flat top rather than a round one. Add a subwoofer. Use an electric fan for the radiator. Should have the lighter weight composite bed like the Tacoma. Would have like to seen more compartment space under rear seats.