2005 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - I'm impressed!

2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

I'm impressed!
By JimN on

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had Chevy's and traded my Ford F150 SuperCrew 4x4 for this Tundra 4WD "DoubleCab" and have to say its a difference between day and night. Quieter, smoother, more comfortable and absolutely more payload capacity as well as being one tough truck. I have since added a 2.5" leveling kit and 33" oversize tires and this thing still is as quiet and smooth as the day I got it.

Favorite Features

Awesome room both front and back. The rear sliding window is fantastic - why doesn't anyone else do this? I also love the fact its virtually rattle free and rock solid! Performance is top notch too, it doesn't flinch with 1-ton of gravel in the bed either!

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control lever is quirky, I don't use it much so takes me a few tries to get it set. The center console is too low and the arm rests in the front chairs aren't positioned properly. I also don't like the lighting on the instruments during the day, too much glare and hard to see at times.