2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Great Truck

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck
By Dick on

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Tundra Double Cab SR5 Truck with the TRD Off- Road package and it has performed as well as I had expected. I read reviews before buying the Tundra and most reviews suggested the TRD Package. I am glad to report that the Truck performs well, rides excellant and gets decent gas mileage. At first I was averaging 17-18 mpg. Now after 10 months I am averaging 19-20 mpg. That's short trips as well as longer trips combined. The truck is comfortable with the captains chairs. The JBL system is great. The rear seats work great for passengers as well as carrying lots of groceries, etc. I pull a 19 ft travel trailer weighing 4500 lbs and get 12-13 mpg and have plenty of power.

Great comfort, great JBL System, large enough truck bed, plenty of rear seat area, great ride, handles nice, easy to change the oil and filter, nice interior and exterior, sufficient power, good mpg for a large truck.

I noticed that the 2006 tundra has less HP. I was expecting an increase to match the Titan HP. 300 HP would be nice and maybe a Diesel version should be considered.