2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: First month

2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited Double Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

First month
By newlimited on

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I tested every full-size truck out there over the summer. I loved the Nissan Titan, but it was a little too loud had HUGE towing mirrors. I liked the F-150 (esp on Z-plan). In fact, I liked those 2 better than Tundra SR5, but once I drove the Limited, I had a clear choice. It had the smoothest ride of any truck (full size OR compact) and every feature I wanted with only feature I didn't want (a cassette player!). Some may prefer the feel of a big truck, but for me the refinement in the ride was a selling point. The Toyota quality is a bonus.

Quiet and smooth ride. Leather seats. Power sliding rear window. Good visibility (for a truck). Step boards are very helpful.

The truck has enough power, but when I really ask for something, it whines a little. So, maybe a tighter tranny would do it. A few switches (and especially the clock) aren't in the right place. The overhead console could use some refinement . . . it has 3 modes -- temperature, direction, or both.