2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Double cab and double utility

2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Double cab and double utility
By echodon on

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 4 months of driving in rain, snow, mud and winter mountain weather I am thrilled with this truck. Every time I drive it I can feel the quality in everything from the butter smooth, powerful V8 to the fantastic 5 speed automatic which has to be the smartest transmission I have ever used. When descending hills, a tap on the brake automatically downshifts the trans. What a great feature. The gas mileage is much better than expected, 16-18 MPG during real world road driving and a solid 15 MPG in town. The extra horsepower in the 2005 V8 is noticable and with the dual exhaust I installed, it gains another 10%. I have not found one thing yet to complain about on this truck.

Roll down rear window which allows my black lab to jump right into the camper shell from the truck cab. Awesome black paint job. Unbelievable paint quality. Comfortable seats, I am 6'1" and 260 pounds and these seats are great ! The best truck/car combination I have ever had. No car needed now.

The JBL stereo system/6 CD changer is OK, but not great. Aftermarket systems at 1/2 the price are better. The bass response is barely adequate. Brakes are a bit mushy, not the firmness on the pedal I am used to with my F350 Dually I use for serious towing. Bothersome wind noise at highway speeds