2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Big truck mileage, mid-sized p

2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Big truck mileage, mid-sized performance.
By ygbsm on

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I needed a vehicle for reliable transportation to replace my 20 year old F-150. The dealer offered me an awesome deal on a three year old, low mileage Tundra and I took it. Very comfortable, 100% reliable, handles well and holds its value. On the downside is the mileage. Most of my driving is commuting to/from work and I feel fortunate if I get 15 MPG. I want to put a camper (slide-in pop-up type) on it and am extremely limited in what I can get. The tow capacity is more than what I've ever needed but I'd like to have more available. My buddies with 3/4 ton trucks get better mileage than I do.

It's very comfortable and I never, EVER, have questioned whether or not it'll get me where I want to go. The stereo is good, the controls are easy/accessible and it cruises down the interstate with a solid feel.

Nothing...the truck has grown up. Even now, I'd be looking at American trucks for serious hauling capacity.