Best owned Vehicle to date!
By shodon_main on
2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I currently own the 2005 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr 4x4 and it is the best vehicle that I have owned yet! I bought the truck with 50,000 miles on it and have since put 30,000 more miles onto it and it hasnt even had a hicup. I have driven the truck from Colorado to the tip of texas and back, hauled a packed full 6'x12' trailer from Colorado to New York and then from New York to Oklahoma and havent had a single problem or gripe with this truck. I currently use it as a daily driver and occasionally to haul the 4 wheeler to the sand dunes for a fun weekend.
Favorite Features
I love the 4 wheel drive on this truck. It always enguages when I need it to and has never had a problem pulling me out or through the toughest of situations. I have taken it off roading in the mountains of Colorado to the Sand Dunes in Oklahoma. The seats are very comfy and the seat warmers are a life saver on those fridged days. There is plenty of room in the back seat to haul all my buddies from work or just to throw nice things into if you dont want them sitting back in the bed. The truck has plenty of torque and more than enough get up and go even when hauling heavy trailers. I really like that the whole back window slides down at the push of a button.
Suggested Improvements
This truck is an older truck now so a lot of the imporvements have already been made on it. A back up camera is a pretty good idea with these trucks as they are quite large and it helps if you use a trailer a lot. The turning radius on this truck is pretty bad so a lot of the time you will have to do a couple point turn for things and really think about where to turn and where you simply wont be able too. At this point the paint all around my truck seems to be chipping or peeling. Not sure if that is just me or others as well. Overall thought it is a solid truck and very fun to drive. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of buying one.