2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Love my tundra more every time I drive.
By scott on 12/07/04 19:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

While it may be a little shy on total horsepower, compared to others, it has plenty for me and the boat I tow. The ride is unbelievable, and I would rather drive it than the car. I can't say enough good things about this truck. It is the best half ton truck out on the market right now. My work allows me to drive new trucks, like Chevy and Ford, but the Tundra is by far a better truck.

best truck so far
By best on 12/05/04 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven trucks that felt like the steering was dead(chevy). This is by far the best large truck with great comfort.

DBL Cab Ltd Tundra is the clear winner!
By Jim on 12/04/04 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a GM buyer since 1987 (6 trucks). I purchased the Tundra with moon roof, navigation, leather and sport package (21" Rims). I looked at GM, Ford and Nissan and there was a clear decisive answer when completing the pros and cons list that most logical personalities perform. The handling, safety, amenities, predicted reliability, comfort, and eye appeal makes the Tundra the top truck. I don't find myself needing to tow over 7100 lbs, but this appears to be the only significant advantage the Titan has over the Tundra. For me, it was between the Titan and the Tundra. With over 200 problems for every 100 Nissan autos off the show floor was the nail in the coffin. Tundra is my #1 pick!

Tundra 4wd double Cab
By Cliff on 12/04/04 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

American Truck makers had better beware, after looking over all available options in trucks the choice was clear. The only option I have added to this truck is a Rhino Liner. Impressive performance, easy to drive, my wife enjoys driving it. As an American I would like to buy American, but the cars and trucks we produce just don't hold up to what the Japanese offer

Toyota First Timer
By JoeRyan on 11/27/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After the usual dealership hassels I was off in something different than my usual Ford. I own a business and for tax purposes buy a new truck every year or two. The last 10 years have been Fords and after reluctantly test driving the Tundra, I bought one. Man this truck is tight and quick. The exterior styling wasn't my favorite but I figured I don't ride on the outside. The interior seats fit you like a glove, there is slim to none body roll, and when it needs to scoot it will. The 05 Ford Supercrew [$37,000] had not nearly the off the line punch of the Toyota and the interior is a movie theatre. Whereas the Tundra feels more like an extension of the driver

Best Truck Ever!
By Bric on 11/27/04 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove every large truck when deciding on this truck. The large toyota, now with its more powerful engine, just can't be beat. I totally disagree with the editors about the 'chintzy' quality of materials. The others, especially Dodge, were not even close. The only thing you truly give up is the ability to tow more than 7K lbs, which most truck owners won't ever use.

Tundra is the way to go...
By andywx on 11/26/04 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased an 05' SR5 Double Cab and love it. I was debating between the double cab 05' Tacoma and the 05' Tundra and decided that the ride quality in the Tundra was too good to leave behind. The Tacoma still seemed bouncy relative to my 02' Access Cab Tundra. The interior on the 05' Tacoma was impressive but considering the extended wheelbase, I would have expected a better, less bouncy ride. All in all they're both amazing trucks. After owning 5 Toyota's in the last 10 years without a single problem to report, you simply cannot beat Toyota reliability. If you don't need to tow something heavy, I wouldn't even bother with the "big 3".

Great Truck
By dsrtrcr01 on 11/24/04 14:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great And the best is it's a toyota so it will run forever. It drives like a truck should not all mushy like a little car(the TRD suspension that is) I must admit the non TRD truck is pretty mushy.

Love my truck
By Jolyn on 11/13/04 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have drove my Toyota Tundra for one year. It is the first vechile I have owned that did not have to go back to the dealer for repairs or adjustments. I just have it serviced as directed by the owners manual. It is the first Toyota I have owned but it will not be the last.

'05 Double Cab Tundra TRD
By steve-o77 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck for work (copper mining), but I love taking it out on the weekends. The 4.7L V-8 gets the job done around town, but I have yet to see how it tows something really heavy. You should defiantly consider the TRD package if you spend as much time off road as I do (75%). The larger tires and beefy suspension with the TRD package is great for off roads and it rides like a car on the streets. I also purchased the truck with the TRD dual exhaust package. I think you may find an after market exhaust system for less money, but the low rumble you get when you drive is well worth the extra money.