2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By D Hanna on 02/01/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2nd Tundra - totalled the first - but I was fine. New 5 speed transmission is ultra smooth. Engine smooth - low noise at highway speeds - another great ride. Sees limited off road use, but great when needed. Limited towing of 5000 lb trailer and equipment - does it without a problem and up a 10 percent grade hill.

4000 miles and counting
By Doug on 01/26/05 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota truck. I have owned Chevys for the last 25 years.So if I seem picky about my Tundra you will understand. Before I drove the Tundra , I test drove a Dodge , a Ford a Chevy and even a Nissan Titan.

2005 Tundra Double Cab
By MM on 01/13/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new 2005 Tundra. It has plenty of power, looks great, smooth transmission, quiet cabin. I chose the SR5 because you get more choices on colors and I like the Chrome bumpers, mirrors and grill. Chrome isn't available on the Limited. I had the dealer put in the wood interior finish, navigation system, leather seats, heated seats, 17" wheels and tires. I tried to make it as much a limited as possible and saved some money too.

Toyota Tundra
By Mike on 01/05/05 06:20 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have found that my two Tundras are great to drive and will hold a good resale price in the future.

Tundra 2005 Toyota
By pV on 01/04/05 03:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Tundra and I have the same opinion "best truck ever". When other manufactures continue chasing air in reponse to the Tundra since 2000, Toyota is the only one offering a true truck in old terms. Basic interior, durable, reliable, quality, and a great engine. There's nothing more to be said, nothing all the bells and whistles could ever improve or change, only adding weight.

LOVE IT!!!
By N5K191 on 01/03/05 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We took it on a cross country trip and was great! The ac is better than on our caravan(2005) and is more solid. The interior is Lexus like and they could sell this truck as a Lexus anytime. No time in the shop, exept for a squeal above 2500rpm. Is definately a fuel hog even with weaker engine but is more refined. I would recommend this or the Titan.

05 LIMITED DOUBLE CAB 4X4
By RANDY on 12/30/04 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I TRADED IN A 2002 CHEVY Z-71 THAT I HAD TROUBLE WITH FROM DAY ONE AND GM COULD NOT GET FIXED AFTER 40 TRIPS TO THEIR SHOP AND 2-YEARS! THE DOUBLE CAB HAS BEEN IN ONLY FOR OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. I HAVE ALREADY PUT 10100 MILES ON IT AND NOT ONE PROBLEM. DRIVES LIKE A DREAM, HANDLES GREAT. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY BAD ABOUT THE DOUBLE CAB IS THAT IT LIKES GAS I GET AROUND 12 PER. GALLON ON AVERAGE. I HAVE PUT IT IN 4WHEEL HI AND FORGOT IT WAS IN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE IT HANDLES SO SMOOTH, NOT LIKE MY RATTLE TRAP 2002 CHEVY Z-71 I HAD YOU KNEW WHEN IT WAS IN 4-WHEEL DRIVE FROM THE NOISE AND VIBRATION! YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH TOYOTA QUALITY!! I TOW A 20 FOOT CARGO TRAILER 6800 LBS. NO PROBLEM!!!!

THIS TRUCK IS AWESOME!!!
By gaijinson on 12/19/04 06:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at a lot of trucks before deciding on the new 05 double cab. This truck performs like a dream. I realized how good it was when I was driving about 80 miles per hour in the fast lane around dusk and I came up on a contractors wheelbarrow in the center of the lane. (This thing was huge.) I did not have enough time to stop so I had to swerve. While other vehicles were slamming on their brakes and spinning out in the breakdown lane this truck handle like a sports car. I went around the wheelbarrow and I was back in the fast lane in just a few seconds. I was shocked that a truck so big could handle like so well. You gotta drive one!!!

Gary Brinson
By Gary Brinson on 12/10/04 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a GM person for 30 years even though I've had other brands as well during this time. I decided to try the Toyota Tundra double cab and I have not been disappointed. The quality is very good and I've not had to take it back to the dealer for any problems yet. It is also fun to drive.

Tundra has done it again!!
By fuego on 12/09/04 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Toyota truck, definitely not my last. Once again, Toyota has enhanced their truck package by adding 42 more hp, and the nifty power rear window. I had considered a Nissan Titan this time around, but the Tundra has better style and a considerably smoother ride. Anyone looking for a 2005 truck should at least test drive a Tundra, it is best all-around full size pickup on the market.