2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Toyota's Reliability
By Rough13 on 07/02/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This pick-up is exceptional, it rides great, has the right power for my use, has an above average payload, can tow a boat easily, is very reliable. I haven't had it for that long, but from owning previous Toyotas, I know Toyotas reliablility is their trademark.

Vanilla with a twist
By DW on 06/29/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at every make of double cab I could find. Sure the Titan appealed to my inner-gorilla, but it didn't handle as well or feel as solidly built as the Tundra. Plus the torque seems better & placed where you'd need it on a daily basis. The new Tacoma is sharp, but too small. I'm 6'3" & haul a wife, 2 kids, camping gear, kayaks mountain bikes and a dog and the Tundra does it all without missing a beat. It's got plain jane styling on the outside, big deal: this truck is quiet, packed with power,handles well, will probably go 300k+ miles and is cavernous inside (for most). Only complaint is a phantom creak in the driver's seat when making right turns

TRD 4WD Access Cab - Like it !
By Chuck999 on 06/29/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chose Tundra over Honda Ridgeline / Nissan Frontier for EXCELLENT ride, good power, 6.5 foot bed, quality and overall feel. Am very satisfied. The truck just has a great feel - quiet, smooth, plenty of power. Interior is kind of dated - no fancy chrome but ergonomics are great - most controls easy to reach / use. Typical toyota layout. The 5spd automatic is especially well-designed - shifts VERY smoothly and at just the right time. Front right speaker was BAD upon delivery, but dealer replaced quickly and have had no other problems yet(only 4k miles though) .....

Luv My Tundra
By The Duke on 06/27/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Tundra about two weeks ago, and I am still in love. This car is the Lexus LS 430 of Trucks. The truck rides smoothly, has all the punch when I need it, and has a good size bed and room for passengers and kids. The TRD package is a great suspension to have for Los Angeles, as there are plenty of rough roads even in the city.

Love my truck
By Brenna on 06/26/05 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck. Very roomy. Smooth ride.

rate the best trucks
By Denise Amendola on 06/26/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the style and looks of the double cab...The truck is very large on the inside..lots of room

Great Truck
By JDW on 06/25/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Mine came with the X-SP package with leather and 20" wheels. Very sharp looking truck (was drawing crowds of people the first time I drove it to work). The truck is a pleasure to drive and the 4.7L V8 moves this 5000+ lb. vehicle out in short order. It feels like I'm driving a Lexus luxury car from the cabin.

Top of the Line
By Glenn on 06/24/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Other than the length of time it took to get the truck delivered, I love everything about the buying, driving, and the response I get from others. If you plan on buying a truck and keeping it until the wheels fall off, buy a toyota and you will have a great truck 200,000+ miles later. This will be my 3rd toyota and put over 200,000 miles on each one. When I sold them I got more than the best NADA value for them. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, none of them can win an arguement about dependablity compared to a Toyota. By the way I have never seen the wheels fall off a Toyota.

Love this Truck
By RBERG on 06/21/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's Fun and easy to enjoy. Yes it rides like a truck but than thats what it is. Only wish it had better access to the rear windows, the back of the rear seat folds up so when it's time to clean the windows, it makes it hard to get at.

Hands down, an awesome truck
By 328dude on 06/09/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Toyota, the first being a Camry which I bought in 2001. I decided to start looking for a truck and test drove just about every truck on the market. I finally narrowed it down between the Nissan Titan and the Tundra. I choose the Tundra for only two reasons. First, the lack of wind noise. This is by far the quietest pickup I have test drivin and 10 times more quiet then my Camry ever was. And second, the quality of the seats (extremely comfortable) and it didn't have as much of a cheap feel like the Titan. I only have 1500 miles on her so far, but this truck is a blast to drive with absolutly no rattles, squeaks or noise. The craftmanship of this truck is top notch.