2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
End of Domestic Trucks
By John on 03/17/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The new Tundra I just purchased has every option available. It beats the GM and Ford products hands down in every area accept towing capacity. After 30 years of GM and Fords I have had to change. This is just a better vehicle.

Nice Vehicle
By Tundra on 03/07/05 12:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love most everything about this truck. I am a first time truck owner but this things is awesome. The only drawbacks are the gas mileage (14 mi/gal) and it's turning radius. I've never owned a truck before so I'm guessing the turning radius and gas mileage are probably how most trucks are. But this things rides like a car.

Broken Tundra
By K & L Lawn on 02/28/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always had Toyotas. T100, and the 2000 Tundra. They were always reliable. I purchased the D Cab Tundra. SO Big, its not even funny. Backed into a mailbox, couldn't see!. Anyway, 5000 miles into driving, I changed the oil, and saw a leak. Brought it back to Toyota and said , Hey! This ain't funny! They checked it to find a messed up rear main seal. Unheard of in a Toyota! Maybe this one was made @ 430 pm. on a Friday! Built in Indiana! I'm getting scared! Anyway, leak is gone, I'm crossing my fingers...

Double cab and double utility
By echodon on 02/25/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 4 months of driving in rain, snow, mud and winter mountain weather I am thrilled with this truck. Every time I drive it I can feel the quality in everything from the butter smooth, powerful V8 to the fantastic 5 speed automatic which has to be the smartest transmission I have ever used. When descending hills, a tap on the brake automatically downshifts the trans. What a great feature. The gas mileage is much better than expected, 16-18 MPG during real world road driving and a solid 15 MPG in town. The extra horsepower in the 2005 V8 is noticable and with the dual exhaust I installed, it gains another 10%. I have not found one thing yet to complain about on this truck.

Best Blend of Comfort and True Utility
By TunedLoop on 02/21/05 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely solid build quality. Very smooth ride for a truck; by my experience it rides better than a Maxima but not as smooth as a Deville, with much better handling than a 2002 Expedition. The V-8 is powerful and amazingly quiet until you punch the pedal, then it lets loose a smooth growl and pours power to the pavement. Haven't towed anything with it yet, but believe it should handle most boats fine. Seating is comfortable, leather feels smooth yet tough enough to hold up well - heated seats have 2 power levels. If you give this truck a good, detailed visual inspection and compare build quality to any domestic, you will see that it rocks. Embarrassing, but true.

My First Truck at 18 yrs. old
By Lance Andrews on 02/19/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my tundra so much, its quick, the ride is smooth, its comfortable, and it is really good looking. Im so glad that my first truck was a toyota so i can proudly defend it when all the chevy and ford drivers give me crap. Because it is as much as truck as fords and chevys are.

Great Truck
By AV8R on 02/15/05 23:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck for the daily driver. Rides like a car. If Lexus made a truck this would be it. Great everyday truck.

Better than all the rest
By manny on 02/10/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my heart set on the F150. However, owning an old 94 F-150 with a multitude of problems and hearing about questionable reliability through consumer reports for all GM and Ford trucks led me to Toyota. You're not gonna get the fancy interior. What you do get, is lots of power in the '05, awesome handling, a silky smooth auto trans, and whisper quite ride through 50 mph, with the sound slowly increasing as you pass through 70-80. I avg 14.5 mpg driving around town. I'm not a leadfoot. If you slam on the gas, you're gonna get 12 mpg. I can get 16.7 mpg on the highway (75 mph). and 17.8 mpg (premium gas). The cockpit is simple but very spacious and functional. Test drive IT NOW.!

Toyota truck
By tsand33 on 02/08/05 14:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Tundra struggles to get things done. It struggles under heavy loads and really sucks the gas. Its towing capacity is considerably less than that of the F-150. I also have a 2004 F-150 and its out performs the Toyota 10 to 1 in terms of power and capacity. It also has a better design and better interior

Luxury Truck for 2005
By Desert Dog on 02/02/05 17:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded-up from the 04 Tundra. Great increase in power and a 5 speed tranny made the decision a "no- brainer". Toyota really has a winner with this years improvements. The Tranny has a feature that will automatically "kick-down" to the next lowest gear when it senses you've been coasting, greatly helping brake the vehicle.(something only found on higher priced motorhomes, etc.) This Truck is one smooth performer, the ride quality is better than the '90 Mercedes "560 SEL" I once owned. The electric Rear Window "roll-down" feature is nice, and long overdue. For ride, comfort, performance and "Large Truck MPG", Buy It! It wont disappoint you!