Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Disappointed
By Jeff

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I want to start out by saying that my family and I have owned several Toyota vehicles. All have been super reliable, great gas economy (much better than sticker) and Toyota has stood behind their product, until now. The dealership I dealt with is being very nice, but my fuel economy has been very poor (taken to the dealership 4 times) and constant supension and alignment issues (dealer visits 3 times for this). The Toyota Master Technician and my sales rep have called my problems abnormal, unusual and uncommon, and I have followed all of Toyota's recommendations (tire pressure, gas choice and grade, driving conditions) and nothing has changed. Important to note: no towing or large loads.

Looks, interior cabin, sound system, great 4wd system, very tough truck

GAS MILEAGE, suspension that doesn't squeak, alignment

Great truck !!!!
By joe

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides and performs fantastic. Fit finish are top notch. Getting 15mpg around town and 20mpg on highway. Mileage will get better after about 5000 miles.

The whole truck.

None so far.

Great Truck
By BB

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new 05 double cab... great truck. It's got a lot of power and handles very comfortable both on the highway and on the dirt. My mother-in-law has driven it and is very impressed. It is also very quiet for a truck. I can get 5 big adults in it plus a lot of stuff in the bed and pull a big boat and have no problems! Reliability has been perfect so far. I have about 19000 miles on it so far. I could drive this truck all day and never get tired. You can't go wrong with this truck.

Roll down rear window is very cool. Power is excellent and I also like the styling.

Low end torque is strong and sometimes I don't pull off a stop smoothly. If I could have it perfect, I would have told Toyota to give me a cooler interior, as the dash is a little outdated. But these are petty items.

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
By Scott

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Toyota - The most relaiable truck, period. Toyota did a great job on the Tundra both inside & out. This is my third Toyota, and I have never had any problems with them mechanically or cosmetic. My only complaint on the Tundra is that it came with Dunlop tires from the factory, and they are terrible. I only have 9500 miles on the truck, and the tires are shot. I can't understand why Toyota would put crappy tires on this truck. The fuel mileage could use some improvement too. I get 15 hwy - should be around 20 hwy. If you are looking for a quality, dependable truck, the Tundra is the one!!

Sunroof, power rear window, interior & exterior design, deep truck bed, V8, smooth shifting

Fuel mileage, lighted blinkers in side mirrors, rear heated seats, lighted switches for power windows/locks/mirrors, use Bridgestone or Michelin tires from factory.

My Tundra
By Sony

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. The room inside the vehicle is amazing. Extremely durable. Worth every bit of money paid for. Drives like a luxury truck. I would have to say it's quite fuel efficient. Handles very well on the snow. Overall the best vehicle I have ever driven.

The amount of space inside of the truck. The color, beautiful blue and bright. The 4x4 feature, leather seats and deffinetely the heated part. The power window in the back.

I would only have to say the turn or rotation of how the vehicle turns in a tight situation.