2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Top of the Line
By Glenn on 06/24/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Other than the length of time it took to get the truck delivered, I love everything about the buying, driving, and the response I get from others. If you plan on buying a truck and keeping it until the wheels fall off, buy a toyota and you will have a great truck 200,000+ miles later. This will be my 3rd toyota and put over 200,000 miles on each one. When I sold them I got more than the best NADA value for them. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, none of them can win an arguement about dependablity compared to a Toyota. By the way I have never seen the wheels fall off a Toyota.

Hands down, an awesome truck
By 328dude on 06/09/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Toyota, the first being a Camry which I bought in 2001. I decided to start looking for a truck and test drove just about every truck on the market. I finally narrowed it down between the Nissan Titan and the Tundra. I choose the Tundra for only two reasons. First, the lack of wind noise. This is by far the quietest pickup I have test drivin and 10 times more quiet then my Camry ever was. And second, the quality of the seats (extremely comfortable) and it didn't have as much of a cheap feel like the Titan. I only have 1500 miles on her so far, but this truck is a blast to drive with absolutly no rattles, squeaks or noise. The craftmanship of this truck is top notch.

Excellent
By Dave on 06/07/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

No problems with towing like the reviews say, fun to drive off road... I take it hunting and fishing all the time, while towing my 22' boat I love my Tundra

Tundra Double Cab SR5 4 x 4 TRD
By tch3mkr on 06/04/05 07:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

had some seat problems intially with the Air Bag not working properly. Overall a decent truck, real light in the rear end. Wants to spin out in turns especially on wet pavement because of the power and light rear end, but its a nice truck. Just need to get used to it more as this is the first foreign vehicle I ever bought for myself. Did buy a 2003 Corolla for my wife.

Keep trucking!
By Nawlins on 06/02/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fuel mileage excellent (for a truck) 18.2 mpg after 3wks.

Tailgate woes
By Dan Young on 05/30/05 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Beware loading tailgates on new crewcabs. I loaded 12 yard blocks for retaining walls (16# each) on the tailgate and crawled in the back to move them forward. This action pushed an internal tailgate beam sandwiched between inner and outer panels out. The movement made four very obvious reverse dimples on the outside of the tailgate. Toyota factory reps. said I had overloaded the tailgate and offered no resolution. I found no tailgate load rating in the owners manual. This tailgate is a new taller design for the crewcabs due to Sequoia based frame and body according to the factory reps. Tundras are not truck material in my opinion. Factory service needs improvement. No more Toyota 'trucks'.

Awesome
By Vaisey2485 on 05/28/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded up from a 2003 F-150 Lariat. This is my 1st Toyota and I love it. I found the interior to be a little less then what I anticipated. I thought my F-150 had a better interior pkg. But, where the interior lacks - the horsepower makes up for. It has such a smooth ride also. Best truck i ever had.

15000 miles and going
By Judge on 05/18/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My anti-Japanese car (or truck) brother in law thinks the thing rides like a caddy. A compliment in his world. It is very quiet, very smooth and surprisingly fast. My g-tech pro says it goes 0-60 in 7.85. For me the styling inside and out isn't great, but better than some and more important to me is the reliability that toyota usually has. The toyota is amazing, the only time it feels like a fullsize truck is when you are parking it, especially parallel parking.

Toyota Tundra Double Cab
By MAB on 04/19/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased a new Double Cab Tundra. The truck is amazing and best riding truck I have owned. I traded in a 99 Chevy Z71, which was a good truck, but the Tundra drives much nicer than the Chevy. I find the truck has plenty of power, despite other complaints on lack of horse power. I also test drove the Tocoma, but highly recommend the Tundra over the Tocoma. You can get a lot more options with the Tundra and only pay $1000.00 more.

Love it!!!
By Ryan on 03/28/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having previousally owned a smaller Dodge with the same enging as my new Tundra, I decided to give up the 4x4 and go with the 4 doors (maybe next time I can get both). I am very glad that I did. I love everything about this truck. It gets better gas mileage then my old Dakota with a 4.7, and it tows the boat like its not even there.