2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
My Tundra
By Sony on 12/17/05 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. The room inside the vehicle is amazing. Extremely durable. Worth every bit of money paid for. Drives like a luxury truck. I would have to say it's quite fuel efficient. Handles very well on the snow. Overall the best vehicle I have ever driven.

LOVE MY TUNDRA!
By E. J. LEAGUE on 11/03/05 14:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had ford and chevy but the tundra is the quietest, smoothest ride for a pickup truck i have ever experienced. The power is impressive, and I have extras like sunroof, navigation, heated seats, which just add to the enjoyment. Best of all, this truck looks good!

real tundra
By charlie on 11/03/05 01:18 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

excellent truck with traditional toyota quality...good economy for a full size truck and PLENTY of power and torque; I expect to keep this truck for a good while (my fourth toyota)...my 93 corolla has 310K on it and STILL gets 40 mpg........why go anywhere else ?

'05 Tundra DC
By jmk on 10/28/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck. I compared Chev, Ford and Nissan 1/2 ton 4 full door trucks. The Toy has the largest bed by far and plenty of room for the family. Excellent ride and great gas mileage over the 2500 HD I traded in. Stereo is very good, visibility is good and the major controls are easy to reach. Hauls a full load of gear for four in the back plus towing a boat (3000 lbs). Passengers comment on the car- like ride.

Tundra 05 Limited Access
By Jonny 5 on 10/27/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very good pulling power for 3.5 klb. boat, barely tell it's back there. On Hwy you will get close to 20 mpg. Pulling the boat, it drops down to about 13-14 mpg. Ride is very smooth, and quiet. Handling is like a sports car. Before you buy anything else, test drive one of these puppies.

lower ball joint failure
By chuck fabian on 10/27/05 07:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been an owner and was a very happy Toyota customer for over 9 years. My current experience with the front wheel of my 2004 Toyota Tundra falling off, has made me a very dissatisfied customer. Toyota had issued a recall for a lower ball joint problem including some 2004 Tundra trucks. I was told by Toyota that my truck was not covered by this recall. They have refused to pay for damages. I would like to issue a warning to Tundra owner CHECK YOUR BALL JOINT AS MINE FAILED WITHOUT WARNING. IF you have had to have your ball joints change please contact the national highway safety board.

Nice Truck
By Great Truck on 10/19/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I sold my 8 yr. old Ford F150 extended cab. Wow, the Toyota is awesome in comparison. I did look at the new Ford and Nissan. I ended up choosing Toyota based on overall value and feel I made the right choice for my usage needs. Pulls my boat as though I didn't know it was there, takes me down the hunting roads and through snow and mud without a problem. Plenty of room for my family and dog. Very comfortable ride and nice handling truck. I recommend it hands down!

First week impressions
By Bob on 10/13/05 01:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first truck. The ride is car like with just a bit more engine noise and vibration. Excellent comfort makes this truck easy to drive. Tons of torque while maintaining smooth shifts. No rattles and an excellent AM/FM CD with four speakers. Great visibility front, rear and sides. The tilt wheel is a must have because it allows for a comfortable driving position as well as making it easy to enter and exit the cab.

I love our new Truck!
By Diana on 09/30/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are Die Hard Toyota Fans. We now own a 2000 Toyota Avalon and by far it's the best car on the Market. The comfort of this car is amazing, for both front seat and rear seat passangers. Soft leather, beautiful interior. And the only time it's been in the shop is for oil changes and servicing, it now has over 80k miles. Our friend has a Toyota Truck that has over 300k miles and still works and looks good. When we decided to replace our second car, we thought of no other than Toyota, thus the TUNDRA was the one. Nice Truck, clean feels strong and safe. Rides like a Sedan but your high enough to 'look over' the other cars. My Rating 10+++

Tundra double_cab is a standout
By Rich on 09/08/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just put 1500 miles on a Tundra Limited double-cab in Colorado and Wyoming--pavement and rough back road driving. This is a very good truck. Smooth powertrain, quiet ride, refined chassis and suspension. Got 19-20 mpg on the highway driving the 65-75 mph speed limits (this is on a green engine). Seats front and rear are very comfortable. I like the leather better than I thought I would. The bed is long enough to sleep in, unique for double-cabs with a non-eight foot bed. Not a single reliability issue with anything. This truck runs more quietly than my 95 Saab 9000. Ground clearance under this truck is best in class at 12+ inches.