2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By jerk on 08/17/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for a liitle over 2 weeks and it is great. Took a 4oo mile each trip with the wife and 2 teenagers. No complaints at all from the back seat passengers. Milage is 16.9 mixed Highway and city, 18.3 highway driving the speed limit. Build quality is exceptional and power is very good. When the doors or tail gate is closed it sounds solid. Comfort is great for a truck. Only complaint is no lumbar support on drivers seat, this is cured by a lumbar roll.

First month
By newlimited on 08/11/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I tested every full-size truck out there over the summer. I loved the Nissan Titan, but it was a little too loud had HUGE towing mirrors. I liked the F-150 (esp on Z-plan). In fact, I liked those 2 better than Tundra SR5, but once I drove the Limited, I had a clear choice. It had the smoothest ride of any truck (full size OR compact) and every feature I wanted with only feature I didn't want (a cassette player!). Some may prefer the feel of a big truck, but for me the refinement in the ride was a selling point. The Toyota quality is a bonus.

Beyond its freshness date
By Scott on 08/01/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota truck and is the most refined of all, but it should be considering the body style has been out since 1999. Cabin is very quiet, 5 spd. tranny keeps you in the mid teens for mpg's and the power is improved. Interior layout needs work, heated seats, cargo lamp, and rear defog switches are all on wrong side of the console. Interior door handles are too small, fold and tumble rear seats are useless, leaves no room to store anything of bulk. The fit and finish are top notch for a truck however. Turning radius needs allot of work, this thing is tough to park, and the bed sides are to tall. Needs tailgate assist and rear sonar back-up detectors like the competition.

TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB, FORGET F150
By dennis Kasprzak on 07/18/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my tundra. I waited to review it until I had it for a while 8 months now. 15000 mile service, and the first car I have owned, that hasn't been to the shop multiple times for engine lights, breakdowns. As you can tell this is the first toyota I have owned. Hauls great had 2000 lbs of sod with minimal rear end sag. Towed 16 foot enclosed trailer rated above the 6800 lbs towing capacity with no problems, trailer brakes were wired and only required 4 wire hook up. Never a problem with power, will be adding trd supercharger when it becomes available. Only problem thus far has been on door panels. The carpet keeps comming unglued, will adress that at the 15000 mile service coming up.

Elegant Ride
By aasheal on 07/10/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a longtime owner and driver of American-made, full size pickups, the 4- door Tundra is by the far the most drivable machine I've ever owned. Its like a luxury car with an open trunk.

Like it so far
By limited1 on 07/04/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First Toyota Truck purchase. Lots of good engineering in the engine design; Double overhead cams, variable timing, composite intake, decent cold air intake, less restrictive stock headers that I've ever seen. However, there's still room for improvement. I question decision to use the plastic door handles but I guess people that live in extreme hot areas like it. I haven't quite figured out why there are so many cup holders??? there's a total of 8 in the truck that seats 5. The turning radius is not very good but I wasn't surprices since it is 222 inches long. The Wheels look great. A set of bridgestone tires come stock. I would have rather seen goodyears instead. Overall, I love it so far.

Vanilla with a twist
By DW on 06/29/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at every make of double cab I could find. Sure the Titan appealed to my inner-gorilla, but it didn't handle as well or feel as solidly built as the Tundra. Plus the torque seems better & placed where you'd need it on a daily basis. The new Tacoma is sharp, but too small. I'm 6'3" & haul a wife, 2 kids, camping gear, kayaks mountain bikes and a dog and the Tundra does it all without missing a beat. It's got plain jane styling on the outside, big deal: this truck is quiet, packed with power,handles well, will probably go 300k+ miles and is cavernous inside (for most). Only complaint is a phantom creak in the driver's seat when making right turns

Luv My Tundra
By The Duke on 06/27/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Tundra about two weeks ago, and I am still in love. This car is the Lexus LS 430 of Trucks. The truck rides smoothly, has all the punch when I need it, and has a good size bed and room for passengers and kids. The TRD package is a great suspension to have for Los Angeles, as there are plenty of rough roads even in the city.

rate the best trucks
By Denise Amendola on 06/26/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the style and looks of the double cab...The truck is very large on the inside..lots of room

Great Truck
By JDW on 06/25/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Mine came with the X-SP package with leather and 20" wheels. Very sharp looking truck (was drawing crowds of people the first time I drove it to work). The truck is a pleasure to drive and the 4.7L V8 moves this 5000+ lb. vehicle out in short order. It feels like I'm driving a Lexus luxury car from the cabin.