2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Disappointed
By camper_5 on 11/17/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owned a 2005 Toyota Tundra, 4WD crew cab for 3 years now. Drives alright. Ergonomics of layout of controls is not great. Large blind spots on either side. Tows my 28 ft. trailer on level land alright but the least hill and the V8 really struggles. Good 4 wheeling truck. Not enough power and torque, I don't think I will buy one again.

Dream Truck
By Tundra on 07/05/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is unbelievable. Great power, pick up speed. Incredible amount of room without going overboard. I absolutely love this truck and I will tell anyone who will listen.

Excellent Truck
By eviltwin on 04/22/07 19:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Toyota pickup truck. It replaced a loaded f150 crew cab that replaced my T100. Really like the truck, wish the mileage was a bit better, but its getting about 17 now, and that is with a good percentage of stop and go. 18000 miles in a year and a half and its never been to the dealer. Engine has good torque and is very smooth. Plenty of access under the hood for routine service items, not like my f150 that had everything buried. Interior plastics are ok, doesn't feel like a Lexus, but is just as good as the ford it replaced.

Troublesome
By roadking218 on 03/21/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the interior and truck size. Hate the mileage. Extremely poor for a small V8. Poor workmanship. never expected a recall from a Toyota. Tire wear was excessive.

Watch out
By sniper on 02/09/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

if you like driving a truck and want to have fun driving on and offroad, give it a try. Handles like a cadillac. This is america's newest favorite truck for work or play.

YoYo
By tundraman on 01/26/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First Toyota that I've owned following a long line of chevys and fords. This truck is WAY better than any other I have ever owned in fit and finish, ride, reliability, and over all quality. With 325 lb ft of torque and 282 HP this baby shines!

Best full-size truck ever!!!!
By Dave on 06/23/06 05:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Words can not convey how much I love my Tundra. It is by far the best full- size pickup on the road today. Sure it can't two a house but that's not a requirement of mine. For my use, it's perfect. Extremely comfortable, gets good mpg for a truck (avg 16.5 in city/hwy mix) and seats 5-6 very comfortably. It's absolutely the best. I test drove every full-size truck on the market and the Tundra bested them all when you look at everything you're getting.

Tundra Double Cab 4WD
By Garry Moore on 05/11/06 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great running truck. First time I bought a "foreign" truck as I have been a FORD man since the 70's. Ford decided they didnt want to deal on their vehicles so I purchased a Tundra. Was looking at the Titan as well but since it was the first year i decided to pass. Thus far I am glad i did. Performance is excellent. Some ergonomic locations are not perfect such as window controls and windshield wiper location. Seems I always turn on the wipers when i turn right due to the location Excellent sound system as well. THANKS TOYOTA!

Exactly what I expected
By nicetrk on 04/13/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

sweet truck, no problems, and I have driven it 21,500 miles in 11 months! I not only tow, but also use my tundra as a 20k year commuter. I am getting 19-20 mpg hwy, 15-16 town, 9-12 towing. There isn't a rattle or squeak anywhere, love the power, radio, smooth ride, and handles better than anything from detroit. I can put 4 clients in it and feel proud, then tow all the toys. If Lexus made a truck, this would be it.

Plastic inside is awful!
By asher on 02/13/06 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The power of the truck is great and hauls anything. The problems are with the plastic, it is junk. The bevel around the stereo took five trips to the dealer and still creaks bad when cold. The driver side seat belt was noisy until after four trips to the same dealer and speaking with the manager got the problem resolved. The TRD is absolutely the most unforgiving off-road package that I have ever had for commuting. You get bounced all over the place. Watch out for the bumps even a small one causes the whole inside to creak bad and your hips will hurt. My twelve year old daughter can't even sit in the back without her legs hurting. The seats are out dated and shake. Wind noise is very high.