2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Troublesome
By roadking218 on 03/21/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the interior and truck size. Hate the mileage. Extremely poor for a small V8. Poor workmanship. never expected a recall from a Toyota. Tire wear was excessive.

Watch out
By sniper on 02/09/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

if you like driving a truck and want to have fun driving on and offroad, give it a try. Handles like a cadillac. This is america's newest favorite truck for work or play.

YoYo
By tundraman on 01/26/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First Toyota that I've owned following a long line of chevys and fords. This truck is WAY better than any other I have ever owned in fit and finish, ride, reliability, and over all quality. With 325 lb ft of torque and 282 HP this baby shines!

Best full-size truck ever!!!!
By Dave on 06/23/06 05:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Words can not convey how much I love my Tundra. It is by far the best full- size pickup on the road today. Sure it can't two a house but that's not a requirement of mine. For my use, it's perfect. Extremely comfortable, gets good mpg for a truck (avg 16.5 in city/hwy mix) and seats 5-6 very comfortably. It's absolutely the best. I test drove every full-size truck on the market and the Tundra bested them all when you look at everything you're getting.

Tundra Double Cab 4WD
By Garry Moore on 05/11/06 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great running truck. First time I bought a "foreign" truck as I have been a FORD man since the 70's. Ford decided they didnt want to deal on their vehicles so I purchased a Tundra. Was looking at the Titan as well but since it was the first year i decided to pass. Thus far I am glad i did. Performance is excellent. Some ergonomic locations are not perfect such as window controls and windshield wiper location. Seems I always turn on the wipers when i turn right due to the location Excellent sound system as well. THANKS TOYOTA!

Exactly what I expected
By nicetrk on 04/13/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

sweet truck, no problems, and I have driven it 21,500 miles in 11 months! I not only tow, but also use my tundra as a 20k year commuter. I am getting 19-20 mpg hwy, 15-16 town, 9-12 towing. There isn't a rattle or squeak anywhere, love the power, radio, smooth ride, and handles better than anything from detroit. I can put 4 clients in it and feel proud, then tow all the toys. If Lexus made a truck, this would be it.

What a great truck!
By Nick026 on 02/13/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I decided this time go Toyota becauseI needed reliability and nothing else even came close in reliability. So far I have not been disappointed at all. It drives like a lexus and is very responsive. I absoloutly love my truck. I can easily use it for work and pleasure as it fits my wife and 3 kids wonderfully. I test drove some of the others but as soon as I drove this one I knew I had to have it.

Not crazy about it.
By srpeterson on 02/04/06 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like my Tundra V8 with the TRD package, but I'm not crazy about it. Ride and handling are great. I've had an irritating rumble/vibration that Toyota claims is a harmonic vibration from the exhaust and they have no fix for it. Live with it is their answer. Very disappointed with the gas mileage. From March to July 2005 I got 14 to 16 mpg. Since then I am averaging 11 to 12 mpg. This is for all round driving. I don't let the truck warm up forever before driving it so very little idling time. Getting some wind noise from somewhere around the windshield that wasn't there when I bought the truck. I have 7400 mi. on it now. Overall I think this is just a so - so vehicle.

Great Truck
By Dick on 01/29/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Tundra Double Cab SR5 Truck with the TRD Off- Road package and it has performed as well as I had expected. I read reviews before buying the Tundra and most reviews suggested the TRD Package. I am glad to report that the Truck performs well, rides excellant and gets decent gas mileage. At first I was averaging 17-18 mpg. Now after 10 months I am averaging 19-20 mpg. That's short trips as well as longer trips combined. The truck is comfortable with the captains chairs. The JBL system is great. The rear seats work great for passengers as well as carrying lots of groceries, etc. I pull a 19 ft travel trailer weighing 4500 lbs and get 12-13 mpg and have plenty of power.

Disappointed
By Jeff on 01/13/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I want to start out by saying that my family and I have owned several Toyota vehicles. All have been super reliable, great gas economy (much better than sticker) and Toyota has stood behind their product, until now. The dealership I dealt with is being very nice, but my fuel economy has been very poor (taken to the dealership 4 times) and constant supension and alignment issues (dealer visits 3 times for this). The Toyota Master Technician and my sales rep have called my problems abnormal, unusual and uncommon, and I have followed all of Toyota's recommendations (tire pressure, gas choice and grade, driving conditions) and nothing has changed. Important to note: no towing or large loads.