2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Ford and Chevy don't stand a chance
By gnc1104 on 03/04/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra used after my F150 was totaled. What a monster!!! I own a construction business, and the Tundra beats the F150 in every category. MPG, power, torque, ride, room, comfort, etc. I will never buy a Ford or Chevy truck again. I added exhaust, leveling kit, and oversized tires, and I am getting about 21 mpg. WOW!!!! Drive one and you will buy one.

Love my Tundra
By Bill on 02/04/09 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my truck new and have loved it since the first day. I use synthetic oil and have it changed at the dealer about every 5000 miles. Last year I was in a 5 car accident. I was driving 65 mph, locked it up and stopped about 4 feet from hitting the car in front of me. The guy behind me did not stop. He smashed in the front end of his car and had to be towed. My bumper had a small dent and I was fine. He must have hit me at about 60 mph. Since then, I have bought a 4 Runner for my wife and a 4 Runner for my daughter for her first car. I need to get a timing belt put on the truck - get your maintenance at the dealer, your truck will last forever.

After 5,000 miles with my 2005 Tundra...
By rjw5150 on 11/28/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the truck used in July 2008 and have been pleasantly surprised at the comfort and performance so far. When buying used, I highly recommend a Toyota off-lease vehicle given that it is easier to see its maintenance history. I didn't buy an extended warranty because I expect Toyota to be built well and durable. So far that is the case and my Tundra drives well, the double cab exceeds my expectations on space and room, the engine provides adequate power for our homeowner and daily driver uses such as hauling lumber, furniture, and the occasional load of dirt or rocks. Everything appears to be functioning as designed. We'll see how well the truck performs as I rack up the miles.

Excellent Truck for work and pleasure
By Bill on 08/07/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife prefers riding in my truck on trips over her Infinity I35. She says it is more comfortable. The truck tows my 21'boat with ease. I've owned Chevys, Nissans and a T100 in the past and this is by far the best. Great truck.

Smooth Quiet Ride
By Thule89 on 07/22/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this truck after having traded in my 2003 Chevy Suburban. Transmission is so smooth and ride is very quiet. Love the sliding rear glass window. Bed is easy to access and 4x4 works great. Don't know why I waited so long to buy one.

Be loved for almost 3 years
By BMCDEXPRES on 04/23/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck brand new on July 28, 2005 and I have put only 17600 miles on it, because I only drive 5 miles to work and I have been loving it since day one. Since I own a home this truck is so useful. Driving is fun and so comportable for a short or long drive. It's been almost 3 years now I have not been in the shop for any kind of repair other than oil change. I am happy with the quality and the reliability of this truck. I think I have made a good choice.

I'm impressed!
By JimN on 04/05/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had Chevy's and traded my Ford F150 SuperCrew 4x4 for this Tundra 4WD "DoubleCab" and have to say its a difference between day and night. Quieter, smoother, more comfortable and absolutely more payload capacity as well as being one tough truck. I have since added a 2.5" leveling kit and 33" oversize tires and this thing still is as quiet and smooth as the day I got it.

Love it
By JR on 01/09/08 08:57 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

l purchased because my brother has one. And he puts a 4x4 thru its paces, so l knew it was one tough truck. Although it is primarily the family hauler, it's going to be used for its 12" ground clearance purpose occasionally and plenty of power for hauling the camper. Back to back driving the Ford 5.4, the Tundra kicked it power wise. lt drives like a luxury car and get almost 20 mpg hwy.

Disappointed
By camper_5 on 11/17/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owned a 2005 Toyota Tundra, 4WD crew cab for 3 years now. Drives alright. Ergonomics of layout of controls is not great. Large blind spots on either side. Tows my 28 ft. trailer on level land alright but the least hill and the V8 really struggles. Good 4 wheeling truck. Not enough power and torque, I don't think I will buy one again.

Dream Truck
By Tundra on 07/05/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is unbelievable. Great power, pick up speed. Incredible amount of room without going overboard. I absolutely love this truck and I will tell anyone who will listen.