2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Work Truck
By HL on 09/19/09 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the standard cab V6 6 speed manual new as my work truck. It currently has 118000 miles with the original clutch and has only required the standard maintenance (tires, oil, filters, spark plugs, brake pads, rotors). With the tool boxes and welder it carries an extra 1500 lbs in the bed at all times with no problems.

Toyota In NH
By Toyota in NH on 08/19/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this tundra after owning 4 other Toyota. Traded my 97 Tacoma with 200,000. Great truck goes good and with my exhaust, she really pumps out the ponies. Towing two snowmobiles and a 4 wheeler and I can't tell they're behind me. My friends own Chevy's and this truck smokes them with the trailer hooked to it! Buy one you'll love it!!!

4 years running...
By Mike H. on 08/11/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a 4 year review. This should give used sales a boost. First, the reliability is superior. At 40,000, no major problems except for regular scheduled maintenance. I mainly use the truck for traveling. I average approx. 16 mpg. The comfort exceeds any truck I have owned previously. Handles a heavy load well. Load the truck up with timber and still rides like an SUV. The transmission is exceptionally smooth. After 4 years, my Tundra has held up well. I would certainly buy one again.

Dependability!
By Bill on 08/08/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a classic Toyota. Very reliable vehicle with decent features that make it practical and economical. Can't say enough good things about the truck.

Solid Performer
By William on 07/29/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drive Tundra to work everyday approx 22 miles of highway driving. Has been a very reliable vehicle with now having 62,000 miles and still on the original tires. Only maintenance has been by the book with fluid changes. Tow boat about once every two weeks and it handles a 3,000 pound package without any problem.

55,000 miles and going!
By kevthom on 06/12/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in 2008 with 50,000 miles on it with faith in Toyota's reputation in longevity. So far no maintenance problems, just a battery replacement. The ride is comfortable with the TRD package, including at high speeds, and I love the full sliding rear window. The 4WD works great in snow with rare instances in which the 4WD does not engage immediately. The dashboard around the stereo and glove box squeaks irritatingly on bumps/rough roads, especially when cold. Overall a great vehicle and I plan on keeping it until it runs into the ground!

Tundra
By Jeff on 05/24/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck new after my 10th time at the shop to fix my 03 Dodge 2500 diesel. The Tundra is a good, reliable truck, in four years it has never been in a shop. I change the oil myself. We live 25 miles from any dealership and the Tundra never needs one. We use it to haul hay, do ranch tasks, tow a stock trailer and our camper on vacations. I try to keep loads under a ton. The Tundra is really comfortable and is great in the snow in 4X4. Spends half its miles in 4X4 on dirt roads, 99% of its time hauling or towing, usually both. Someone needs to tell the Dodge/Ford/Chevy guys a long warranty and free fixes do us mountain folks, far from dealers, NO GOOD!!!

2005 Tundra 4.7 Limited Stepside 2WD
By resconroe on 03/31/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck used September 2008 with 28000 miles as lease return. Replaced Enkei 20" wheels and Goodyears with 17" factory alloys and new Dunlops to get a better balance. Powerful engine gets good gas mileage. Quiet, smooth ride. Excellent 10" ground clearance.

Ford and Chevy don't stand a chance
By gnc1104 on 03/04/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra used after my F150 was totaled. What a monster!!! I own a construction business, and the Tundra beats the F150 in every category. MPG, power, torque, ride, room, comfort, etc. I will never buy a Ford or Chevy truck again. I added exhaust, leveling kit, and oversized tires, and I am getting about 21 mpg. WOW!!!! Drive one and you will buy one.

Love my Tundra
By Bill on 02/04/09 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my truck new and have loved it since the first day. I use synthetic oil and have it changed at the dealer about every 5000 miles. Last year I was in a 5 car accident. I was driving 65 mph, locked it up and stopped about 4 feet from hitting the car in front of me. The guy behind me did not stop. He smashed in the front end of his car and had to be towed. My bumper had a small dent and I was fine. He must have hit me at about 60 mph. Since then, I have bought a 4 Runner for my wife and a 4 Runner for my daughter for her first car. I need to get a timing belt put on the truck - get your maintenance at the dealer, your truck will last forever.