2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra is the way to go...
By andywx on 11/26/04 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased an 05' SR5 Double Cab and love it. I was debating between the double cab 05' Tacoma and the 05' Tundra and decided that the ride quality in the Tundra was too good to leave behind. The Tacoma still seemed bouncy relative to my 02' Access Cab Tundra. The interior on the 05' Tacoma was impressive but considering the extended wheelbase, I would have expected a better, less bouncy ride. All in all they're both amazing trucks. After owning 5 Toyota's in the last 10 years without a single problem to report, you simply cannot beat Toyota reliability. If you don't need to tow something heavy, I wouldn't even bother with the "big 3".

Great Truck
By dsrtrcr01 on 11/24/04 14:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great And the best is it's a toyota so it will run forever. It drives like a truck should not all mushy like a little car(the TRD suspension that is) I must admit the non TRD truck is pretty mushy.

Love my truck
By Jolyn on 11/13/04 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have drove my Toyota Tundra for one year. It is the first vechile I have owned that did not have to go back to the dealer for repairs or adjustments. I just have it serviced as directed by the owners manual. It is the first Toyota I have owned but it will not be the last.

great truck overall
By steve murray on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My two wheel drive pickup truck pulled multiple bushes and small stumps out without a problem. It handled loads up to 2300 LB of dirt,gravel,sand and stonedust in the bed. always started right up never gave any hassle.

'05 Double Cab Tundra TRD
By steve-o77 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck for work (copper mining), but I love taking it out on the weekends. The 4.7L V-8 gets the job done around town, but I have yet to see how it tows something really heavy. You should defiantly consider the TRD package if you spend as much time off road as I do (75%). The larger tires and beefy suspension with the TRD package is great for off roads and it rides like a car on the streets. I also purchased the truck with the TRD dual exhaust package. I think you may find an after market exhaust system for less money, but the low rumble you get when you drive is well worth the extra money.

Great looking truck.
By dave bmg on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a fan of Toyota reliability for many years. The 2005 Tundra double cab that I recently purchased is an awesome vehicle. Roomy cabin, great lines and with performance to boot. I would reccomended it over the Titan anyday.

get one before they are all gone!
By TESS on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased this truck after much research. I was impressed with the price and the way it handled when I test drove it. It rides like a car and is spacious and quiet. I was also concerned with resale but with toyota there is no problem in my area ( Texas).

A 4 liter 6sp manual Tundra?
By MrKnobs on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this so I may have a more considered opinion later. So far I really like it. The upsized 4.0 L engine plus 6sp manual trans. is really zippy. Build quality seems very good. Excellent value for the price, in my opinion.