2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Gary Brinson
By Gary Brinson on 12/10/04 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a GM person for 30 years even though I've had other brands as well during this time. I decided to try the Toyota Tundra double cab and I have not been disappointed. The quality is very good and I've not had to take it back to the dealer for any problems yet. It is also fun to drive.

Great Truck
By Clay on 12/10/04 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had owned a Tacoma since 2001 and just traded it in for a new 05 Access Cab TRD Tundra. I was already sold on Toyota quality so it was a no brainer to purchase another Toyota. I just wanted more room, more power and more comfort. The 05 Tundra was everything I was looking for. So far very pleased with the whole experience.

Tundra has done it again!!
By fuego on 12/09/04 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Toyota truck, definitely not my last. Once again, Toyota has enhanced their truck package by adding 42 more hp, and the nifty power rear window. I had considered a Nissan Titan this time around, but the Tundra has better style and a considerably smoother ride. Anyone looking for a 2005 truck should at least test drive a Tundra, it is best all-around full size pickup on the market.

A Well-Built Machine
By John on 12/08/04 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was obvious from the first time I drove my 2005 Toyota Tundra that is was soldily built and well engineered. Fit and finish are excellent. The 4.7-liter engine and five- speed transmission are exceptionally responsive at all speed ranges. Acceleration is smart and snappy. Perhaps the best feature of this truck is its smooth, quiet ride. Cornering on the 2005 Tundra is flat and stable, far better than other brands of trucks I have owned. For the most part, the five- speed transmission is smooth, but it does tend to jump rather harshly into a lower gear when ascending hills.

Love my tundra more every time I drive.
By scott on 12/07/04 19:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

While it may be a little shy on total horsepower, compared to others, it has plenty for me and the boat I tow. The ride is unbelievable, and I would rather drive it than the car. I can't say enough good things about this truck. It is the best half ton truck out on the market right now. My work allows me to drive new trucks, like Chevy and Ford, but the Tundra is by far a better truck.

best truck so far
By best on 12/05/04 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven trucks that felt like the steering was dead(chevy). This is by far the best large truck with great comfort.

DBL Cab Ltd Tundra is the clear winner!
By Jim on 12/04/04 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a GM buyer since 1987 (6 trucks). I purchased the Tundra with moon roof, navigation, leather and sport package (21" Rims). I looked at GM, Ford and Nissan and there was a clear decisive answer when completing the pros and cons list that most logical personalities perform. The handling, safety, amenities, predicted reliability, comfort, and eye appeal makes the Tundra the top truck. I don't find myself needing to tow over 7100 lbs, but this appears to be the only significant advantage the Titan has over the Tundra. For me, it was between the Titan and the Tundra. With over 200 problems for every 100 Nissan autos off the show floor was the nail in the coffin. Tundra is my #1 pick!

Tundra 4wd double Cab
By Cliff on 12/04/04 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

American Truck makers had better beware, after looking over all available options in trucks the choice was clear. The only option I have added to this truck is a Rhino Liner. Impressive performance, easy to drive, my wife enjoys driving it. As an American I would like to buy American, but the cars and trucks we produce just don't hold up to what the Japanese offer

Toyota First Timer
By JoeRyan on 11/27/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After the usual dealership hassels I was off in something different than my usual Ford. I own a business and for tax purposes buy a new truck every year or two. The last 10 years have been Fords and after reluctantly test driving the Tundra, I bought one. Man this truck is tight and quick. The exterior styling wasn't my favorite but I figured I don't ride on the outside. The interior seats fit you like a glove, there is slim to none body roll, and when it needs to scoot it will. The 05 Ford Supercrew [$37,000] had not nearly the off the line punch of the Toyota and the interior is a movie theatre. Whereas the Tundra feels more like an extension of the driver

Best Truck Ever!
By Bric on 11/27/04 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove every large truck when deciding on this truck. The large toyota, now with its more powerful engine, just can't be beat. I totally disagree with the editors about the 'chintzy' quality of materials. The others, especially Dodge, were not even close. The only thing you truly give up is the ability to tow more than 7K lbs, which most truck owners won't ever use.