2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Even better than my 2004 Tundra
By Steve Miller on 01/19/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2004 Tundra was totaled in a head-on collision when a driver fell asleep and hit me nearly head-on. I am now convinced of Tundra's safety. I replaced the 2004 model with the 2005 model. I loved my 2004 model, and my 2005 is even better. The 2005's 5-speed auto is smoother than the 2004's 4-speed. Maybe it is only imagination, but my wife and I think the 2005 has a louder muffler than the 2004. I like the louder muffler, she doesn't.

2005 Tundra Double Cab
By MM on 01/13/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new 2005 Tundra. It has plenty of power, looks great, smooth transmission, quiet cabin. I chose the SR5 because you get more choices on colors and I like the Chrome bumpers, mirrors and grill. Chrome isn't available on the Limited. I had the dealer put in the wood interior finish, navigation system, leather seats, heated seats, 17" wheels and tires. I tried to make it as much a limited as possible and saved some money too.

Tundranator
By SonyAbyss on 01/09/05 23:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Tundra SR5 for about 3 months and I love it. Mostly every one that I know agrees the Tundra has a better external apearence than the Titain and gets better gas milage while having the power and reliability of a Toyota. I can pull my 20 ft camper trailer with out any problems and the interior makes the long rides between vacations enjoyable.

Toyota Tundra
By Mike on 01/05/05 06:20 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have found that my two Tundras are great to drive and will hold a good resale price in the future.

Tundra 2005 Toyota
By pV on 01/04/05 03:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Tundra and I have the same opinion "best truck ever". When other manufactures continue chasing air in reponse to the Tundra since 2000, Toyota is the only one offering a true truck in old terms. Basic interior, durable, reliable, quality, and a great engine. There's nothing more to be said, nothing all the bells and whistles could ever improve or change, only adding weight.

LOVE IT!!!
By N5K191 on 01/03/05 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We took it on a cross country trip and was great! The ac is better than on our caravan(2005) and is more solid. The interior is Lexus like and they could sell this truck as a Lexus anytime. No time in the shop, exept for a squeal above 2500rpm. Is definately a fuel hog even with weaker engine but is more refined. I would recommend this or the Titan.

05 LIMITED DOUBLE CAB 4X4
By RANDY on 12/30/04 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I TRADED IN A 2002 CHEVY Z-71 THAT I HAD TROUBLE WITH FROM DAY ONE AND GM COULD NOT GET FIXED AFTER 40 TRIPS TO THEIR SHOP AND 2-YEARS! THE DOUBLE CAB HAS BEEN IN ONLY FOR OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. I HAVE ALREADY PUT 10100 MILES ON IT AND NOT ONE PROBLEM. DRIVES LIKE A DREAM, HANDLES GREAT. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY BAD ABOUT THE DOUBLE CAB IS THAT IT LIKES GAS I GET AROUND 12 PER. GALLON ON AVERAGE. I HAVE PUT IT IN 4WHEEL HI AND FORGOT IT WAS IN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE IT HANDLES SO SMOOTH, NOT LIKE MY RATTLE TRAP 2002 CHEVY Z-71 I HAD YOU KNEW WHEN IT WAS IN 4-WHEEL DRIVE FROM THE NOISE AND VIBRATION! YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH TOYOTA QUALITY!! I TOW A 20 FOOT CARGO TRAILER 6800 LBS. NO PROBLEM!!!!

More than I ever expected!
By Eric on 12/27/04 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I upgraded to this truck (Regular Cab 4WD V8) from my V6 Tacoma because I needed more hauling power and more room in the bed. I have driven this truck 11,500 miles in 6 weeks, sometimes hauling a double axle 16' car trailer and loading heavy car parts in the back. The Tundra's fuel economy while towing is much better than I expected, especially with non California gas. Build quality is excellent, with my only complaint being the cupping of the front tires-the dealer found the front end alignment to be 7 degrees off! I bought the strip model with real window cranks and rubber floor mats for ease of maintenance. I drove them all,but one thing was missing-the Toyota reliability!!!

best of both worlds
By Silver on 12/20/04 03:34 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best ride and handling out of all the trucks I test drove. After trying out the dodge, ford and chevy half tons the tundra came out way ahead of the others. Interior is very quiet at hwy speeds very little wind noise. The tundra is tight inside and out. If you dont need to tow more than 7k #'s this truck is for you. The 282 hp v8 has plenty of power, very quick off the line.

THIS TRUCK IS AWESOME!!!
By gaijinson on 12/19/04 06:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at a lot of trucks before deciding on the new 05 double cab. This truck performs like a dream. I realized how good it was when I was driving about 80 miles per hour in the fast lane around dusk and I came up on a contractors wheelbarrow in the center of the lane. (This thing was huge.) I did not have enough time to stop so I had to swerve. While other vehicles were slamming on their brakes and spinning out in the breakdown lane this truck handle like a sports car. I went around the wheelbarrow and I was back in the fast lane in just a few seconds. I was shocked that a truck so big could handle like so well. You gotta drive one!!!