2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra
By Peter M. Shanley on 04/12/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fist of all I love the Truck, it's color is Phantom Grey Pearl. If you want the extras, you have to supervise everything! Over all Toyota has an extremely high quality product! I tested the Ford Lightening, & the Chevey Silverado, & the Dodge Hemi. I personaly liked the Toyota! It get's beter fuel economy, has a beter ride, & handles better. Oh, & if your quick enough, at the stop light, you'll blow their doors off!

Great Truck
By RichB on 04/04/05 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great to drive, Fun off road, comfort A++. Trying to figure out why the bed walls are not the same hight all the way around the wall in back of the cab is about 2" shorter?? Love the body on the step side, the sleek lines and sporty look gets a lot of attention and comments.

Dodge, Chevy, Ford, WHO?
By ML Lejeune on 03/31/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

everyone thought I had lost my mind. A Japanese truck? Like riding in a Caddie, electric everything, smooth ride, v-6 plenty of power, but a bit easier at the tank. Great body style and the dependability of a toyota. Seats are plush and comfy, plenty of leg room. mirrors re-adjust with ease so both my husband and I can drive with little adjustment. If gas were a little cheaper I would go get another for myself, as it is the Nissan sits in the garage more than the Tundra.

Impressive
By Gary McHenry on 03/31/05 14:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fell in love with it after test drive. I was a die hard toyota fan and switched to a 01 dodge dakota. Big mistake. The 2005 tundra did not disappoint. The toyota quality that I can to know years ago.

Love it!!!
By Ryan on 03/28/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having previousally owned a smaller Dodge with the same enging as my new Tundra, I decided to give up the 4x4 and go with the 4 doors (maybe next time I can get both). I am very glad that I did. I love everything about this truck. It gets better gas mileage then my old Dakota with a 4.7, and it tows the boat like its not even there.

End of Domestic Trucks
By John on 03/17/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The new Tundra I just purchased has every option available. It beats the GM and Ford products hands down in every area accept towing capacity. After 30 years of GM and Fords I have had to change. This is just a better vehicle.

My first truck experience
By Curt's Truck on 03/15/05 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck based on Toyota's quality reputation. I will act as the general contractor for my house currently in design. The passenger door doesn't seem to have been hung correctly as it takes more force to open and close it. It pops up upon opening it. We took the truck to North Carolina last August on vacation and got caught in those very heavy rains. Not only did I not have a problem, I felt very safe and secure. I had no problem driving around in the winter snow here and made it up a hill I thought would surely give me a problem. I think the relatively light aluminum engine makes the truck more evenly balanced enhancing its ability to make it through snow. Great truck.

Nice Vehicle
By Tundra on 03/07/05 12:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love most everything about this truck. I am a first time truck owner but this things is awesome. The only drawbacks are the gas mileage (14 mi/gal) and it's turning radius. I've never owned a truck before so I'm guessing the turning radius and gas mileage are probably how most trucks are. But this things rides like a car.

I Love My Tundra
By Virginia Heredia on 03/03/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For a truck it is really fun and I know I can go anwhere and not worry about breakdown. It is easy and comfortable to drive and park. I am having bearing problems with the fan belt and I am low on oil about every 1800 miles (about 1 quart) for which I will be dealing with Longo on this. It is stylish and very truck looking, not like the sissy front ends of the Silverado. Interior is simple but effective. I wish it had a outside temperature gauge. But overall I LOVE MY TUNDRA!! (wish I could have afforded a 4X4)

Broken Tundra
By K & L Lawn on 02/28/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always had Toyotas. T100, and the 2000 Tundra. They were always reliable. I purchased the D Cab Tundra. SO Big, its not even funny. Backed into a mailbox, couldn't see!. Anyway, 5000 miles into driving, I changed the oil, and saw a leak. Brought it back to Toyota and said , Hey! This ain't funny! They checked it to find a messed up rear main seal. Unheard of in a Toyota! Maybe this one was made @ 430 pm. on a Friday! Built in Indiana! I'm getting scared! Anyway, leak is gone, I'm crossing my fingers...