2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Work Truck
By HL on 09/19/09 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the standard cab V6 6 speed manual new as my work truck. It currently has 118000 miles with the original clutch and has only required the standard maintenance (tires, oil, filters, spark plugs, brake pads, rotors). With the tool boxes and welder it carries an extra 1500 lbs in the bed at all times with no problems.

Ranch Truck
By cowman on 05/26/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good employee! This truck works like a one ton on the ranch. Regularly hauls 3000 pounds of feed, pipe, fence posts, etc. Heaviest load in the bed was 8000 pounds (100 bags) of concrete readymix, which it hauled 150 miles without complaining. Frequently tows a bumper pull cattle trailer that weighs over 10,000 pounds loaded with squirming livestock. Most mileage is in pastures and on dirt roads. No repairs, only oil changes for 32,000 miles. Except for going to town, I just leave it in 4WD and still manage 16-17 mpg over rocks and thru creekbeds. On the highway, I have gotten over 21 mpg. Unlike my Dodge and Chevy, the Toyota allows me to be a rancher, instead of mechanic.

Cruisin' in the Tundra
By Nowell on 12/28/05 02:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck to replace my pile of 2002 GMC Denali. Seem very durable and powerful with the v6. I have an automatic and am getting no less than 22 mpg on the freeway at 75 mph with the a/c on. 26 mpg with the a/c off at 60 mph. I had to add a cruise control which was a small engineering marvel since the vehicle is drive by wire. Being a mechanic it was just a sunday in the shop. It looks factory and works great. It could be the reason the gas mileage is so great. I love this truck and will never purchase a Ford or GM product again. I hope it runs 300k. You know how those slant 6 six run for ever.

First week impressions
By Bob on 10/13/05 01:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first truck. The ride is car like with just a bit more engine noise and vibration. Excellent comfort makes this truck easy to drive. Tons of torque while maintaining smooth shifts. No rattles and an excellent AM/FM CD with four speakers. Great visibility front, rear and sides. The tilt wheel is a must have because it allows for a comfortable driving position as well as making it easy to enter and exit the cab.

First Truck
By Tundra Guy 858 on 07/18/05 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I havent had any problems with it. It has tons of power for passing and it accelerates good for a truck. Beat out BMWs. Very comfortable for a truck, only thing I gotta get used to is the bounce in the back when going over speed bumps or pot holes.

My first truck experience
By Curt's Truck on 03/15/05 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck based on Toyota's quality reputation. I will act as the general contractor for my house currently in design. The passenger door doesn't seem to have been hung correctly as it takes more force to open and close it. It pops up upon opening it. We took the truck to North Carolina last August on vacation and got caught in those very heavy rains. Not only did I not have a problem, I felt very safe and secure. I had no problem driving around in the winter snow here and made it up a hill I thought would surely give me a problem. I think the relatively light aluminum engine makes the truck more evenly balanced enhancing its ability to make it through snow. Great truck.

More than I ever expected!
By Eric on 12/27/04 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I upgraded to this truck (Regular Cab 4WD V8) from my V6 Tacoma because I needed more hauling power and more room in the bed. I have driven this truck 11,500 miles in 6 weeks, sometimes hauling a double axle 16' car trailer and loading heavy car parts in the back. The Tundra's fuel economy while towing is much better than I expected, especially with non California gas. Build quality is excellent, with my only complaint being the cupping of the front tires-the dealer found the front end alignment to be 7 degrees off! I bought the strip model with real window cranks and rubber floor mats for ease of maintenance. I drove them all,but one thing was missing-the Toyota reliability!!!

great truck overall
By steve murray on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My two wheel drive pickup truck pulled multiple bushes and small stumps out without a problem. It handled loads up to 2300 LB of dirt,gravel,sand and stonedust in the bed. always started right up never gave any hassle.