2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Reliable, reliable, reliable. And comfy.
By joe_kickass on 03/27/14 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best vehicle I've ever owned. Smooth, powerful, comfortable, and above all else, RELIABLE. Quietest cab I've ever ridden in. I've got 114,00 miles on this 8 year-old truck, some of which have been very hard miles. Like 2 yards of concrete in the bed kind of hard. (I've got air springs in the back, increasing payload and improving handling). There's not even a rattle in the cab after 8 years. Tight as a drum. This thing has never needed anything more than standard maintenance. Ford, GM, and Dodge can say they have the better rig, but read the comments on those used trucks on this very website. You won't want anything but a Tundra when you do. Unless you're a dumb redneck.

Best owned Vehicle to date!
By shodon_main on 02/15/13 11:03 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I currently own the 2005 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr 4x4 and it is the best vehicle that I have owned yet! I bought the truck with 50,000 miles on it and have since put 30,000 more miles onto it and it hasnt even had a hicup. I have driven the truck from Colorado to the tip of texas and back, hauled a packed full 6'x12' trailer from Colorado to New York and then from New York to Oklahoma and havent had a single problem or gripe with this truck. I currently use it as a daily driver and occasionally to haul the 4 wheeler to the sand dunes for a fun weekend.

Great used buy
By CavMan on 05/16/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased truck with 65,500 miles on it and replaced two small dash bulbs and compass, but extended warranty took care of that. Other than that, the dash will rattle a little when cold, but truck is VERY sound. Power is very much still there with the 4.7 V8. I owned a (NEW) 2004 Chevy Suburban 4x4 and had 14 problems within 18 months of purchase. I'll definitely buy another Tundra!

A great truck!
By Todd Griesmann on 04/04/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck with 19k on it, it now has 55k,it has been great, only problem was a tire sensor went out, i tow a 6500 lb travel trailer with it and it does well, works, but does the job, only problem is it gets about 10 mpg towing the trailer. comfort, style and power, it has it all.

Solid since New
By Bill on 01/30/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my tundra new in 2005. It has been regularly serviced and to date I have had no issues outside of regular maintenance. Currently I have 69,000 miles and still have the original Dunlop OEM tires. It is about time to replace, but not bad for a truck. The interior is "ok", but the drivetrain is as smooth as silk. Mileage could be better, but it is a truck. Love the Limited slip diff, as well as the roll down rear window.

Worth the money and the ride
By hydrosport on 01/05/10 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my tundra for four years. It has been a workhorse and still rides like the day I brought her home. Mileage is 15/18 which isn't bad. No problems and engine is still silky smooth. Would buy another one. Tows my boat well and limited slip is very sure footed.

4 years running...
By Mike H. on 08/11/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a 4 year review. This should give used sales a boost. First, the reliability is superior. At 40,000, no major problems except for regular scheduled maintenance. I mainly use the truck for traveling. I average approx. 16 mpg. The comfort exceeds any truck I have owned previously. Handles a heavy load well. Load the truck up with timber and still rides like an SUV. The transmission is exceptionally smooth. After 4 years, my Tundra has held up well. I would certainly buy one again.

Dependability!
By Bill on 08/08/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a classic Toyota. Very reliable vehicle with decent features that make it practical and economical. Can't say enough good things about the truck.

Solid Performer
By William on 07/29/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drive Tundra to work everyday approx 22 miles of highway driving. Has been a very reliable vehicle with now having 62,000 miles and still on the original tires. Only maintenance has been by the book with fluid changes. Tow boat about once every two weeks and it handles a 3,000 pound package without any problem.

55,000 miles and going!
By kevthom on 06/12/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in 2008 with 50,000 miles on it with faith in Toyota's reputation in longevity. So far no maintenance problems, just a battery replacement. The ride is comfortable with the TRD package, including at high speeds, and I love the full sliding rear window. The 4WD works great in snow with rare instances in which the 4WD does not engage immediately. The dashboard around the stereo and glove box squeaks irritatingly on bumps/rough roads, especially when cold. Overall a great vehicle and I plan on keeping it until it runs into the ground!