Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Limited Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great truck.
By SP

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought new. Excellent quality, fit and finish. It looks and drives pretty much the same as new. Really enjoy driving it. One issue: Toyota dealers trying to "service" the truck far in excess of what's needed per the factory (examples: Toyota dealer in MDR, CA refused refused to do anything other than a "package" service with all sorts of costly extras; Toyota dealer in Burlingame, CA refused to replace front brake pads w/out machining the rotors despite the rotors being even and smooth). When that happens, find another Toyota dealer (example: the Toyota dealer in North Hollywood, CA was happy to do exactly what Toyota specified and no more -- saved me money and my truck runs great).

Favorite Features

Engine: Smooth and plenty of horsepower and torque. Interior: Very comfortable, doesn't show much wear. Ride: Smooth. Exterior dimensions and looks: Perfect. Glad it's durable, as I can't stand to think about replacing it with the next generation jumbo Tundra - too big and goofy looking.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger tailgate please. Ease of service -- shouldn't have to hunt for Toyota dealers willing to stick to factory specifications for service. Toyota should build "x" number of years of scheduled service into the price. Toyota dealers servicing beyond specification -- that's a big negative.

Performance and reliability
By hank from georgia

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has truly been a wonderful driving experience. I change the oil (Mobil One) every five thousand miles, and keep an eye on the other fluids, and I think this thing would run for a long, long time. The only trouble I had, was when the tire pressure indicator indicated that one of my tires was low on air pressure. I checked all four, and that is when I found out that the spare was also hooked up to a monitor. When I purchase another truck it will be a Tundra. (When you gonna put out a diesel?)

Favorite Features

I like the cruise control operation. It is easy to access and use. It does blast off when you hit the resume however. A little less carburation would mean better trip gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out how to give me 22 miles per gallon on the road (overdrive?). Given today's climate of fuel concern, I am sure that this will be addressed

Wonderful truck for just about anybody
By Gregg

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A stump puller it isn't, but for the average person, the Toyota Tundra is all the truck you'll ever need. Pulls well, comfortable cabin, and with the step side, an unusual and sporty look for a truck. I got a leftover new 2004 access cab for a "Preacher's Price," and am very happy. Quiet and smooth, even over Arkansas roads, and excellent power. Yes, it is a little spartan and dated on the inside styling, but comfortable. A very good value and will do everything I need to do.

Favorite Features

Grab handles for both driver and passenger inside, reliability, and workmanship. All switches within easy reach and lots of interior storage. Built like a tank.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a boost in fuel economy (I avg. 16 with the V-8). Stereo controls sometimes difficult to see (LCD) in direct sunlight. Would like to see heating and a/c controls on the steering wheel.