2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great truck.
By SP on 04/17/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought new. Excellent quality, fit and finish. It looks and drives pretty much the same as new. Really enjoy driving it. One issue: Toyota dealers trying to "service" the truck far in excess of what's needed per the factory (examples: Toyota dealer in MDR, CA refused refused to do anything other than a "package" service with all sorts of costly extras; Toyota dealer in Burlingame, CA refused to replace front brake pads w/out machining the rotors despite the rotors being even and smooth). When that happens, find another Toyota dealer (example: the Toyota dealer in North Hollywood, CA was happy to do exactly what Toyota specified and no more -- saved me money and my truck runs great).

Performance and reliability
By hank from georgia on 06/18/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has truly been a wonderful driving experience. I change the oil (Mobil One) every five thousand miles, and keep an eye on the other fluids, and I think this thing would run for a long, long time. The only trouble I had, was when the tire pressure indicator indicated that one of my tires was low on air pressure. I checked all four, and that is when I found out that the spare was also hooked up to a monitor. When I purchase another truck it will be a Tundra. (When you gonna put out a diesel?)

Wonderful truck for just about anybody
By Gregg on 02/14/05 06:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A stump puller it isn't, but for the average person, the Toyota Tundra is all the truck you'll ever need. Pulls well, comfortable cabin, and with the step side, an unusual and sporty look for a truck. I got a leftover new 2004 access cab for a "Preacher's Price," and am very happy. Quiet and smooth, even over Arkansas roads, and excellent power. Yes, it is a little spartan and dated on the inside styling, but comfortable. A very good value and will do everything I need to do.