2005 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Solid since New
By Bill on 01/30/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my tundra new in 2005. It has been regularly serviced and to date I have had no issues outside of regular maintenance. Currently I have 69,000 miles and still have the original Dunlop OEM tires. It is about time to replace, but not bad for a truck. The interior is "ok", but the drivetrain is as smooth as silk. Mileage could be better, but it is a truck. Love the Limited slip diff, as well as the roll down rear window.

Worth the money and the ride
By hydrosport on 01/05/10 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my tundra for four years. It has been a workhorse and still rides like the day I brought her home. Mileage is 15/18 which isn't bad. No problems and engine is still silky smooth. Would buy another one. Tows my boat well and limited slip is very sure footed.

Dependability!
By Bill on 08/08/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a classic Toyota. Very reliable vehicle with decent features that make it practical and economical. Can't say enough good things about the truck.

Solid Performer
By William on 07/29/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drive Tundra to work everyday approx 22 miles of highway driving. Has been a very reliable vehicle with now having 62,000 miles and still on the original tires. Only maintenance has been by the book with fluid changes. Tow boat about once every two weeks and it handles a 3,000 pound package without any problem.

Ford and Chevy don't stand a chance
By gnc1104 on 03/04/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Tundra used after my F150 was totaled. What a monster!!! I own a construction business, and the Tundra beats the F150 in every category. MPG, power, torque, ride, room, comfort, etc. I will never buy a Ford or Chevy truck again. I added exhaust, leveling kit, and oversized tires, and I am getting about 21 mpg. WOW!!!! Drive one and you will buy one.

Love my Tundra
By Bill on 02/04/09 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my truck new and have loved it since the first day. I use synthetic oil and have it changed at the dealer about every 5000 miles. Last year I was in a 5 car accident. I was driving 65 mph, locked it up and stopped about 4 feet from hitting the car in front of me. The guy behind me did not stop. He smashed in the front end of his car and had to be towed. My bumper had a small dent and I was fine. He must have hit me at about 60 mph. Since then, I have bought a 4 Runner for my wife and a 4 Runner for my daughter for her first car. I need to get a timing belt put on the truck - get your maintenance at the dealer, your truck will last forever.

Excellent Truck for work and pleasure
By Bill on 08/07/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife prefers riding in my truck on trips over her Infinity I35. She says it is more comfortable. The truck tows my 21'boat with ease. I've owned Chevys, Nissans and a T100 in the past and this is by far the best. Great truck.

Be loved for almost 3 years
By BMCDEXPRES on 04/23/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck brand new on July 28, 2005 and I have put only 17600 miles on it, because I only drive 5 miles to work and I have been loving it since day one. Since I own a home this truck is so useful. Driving is fun and so comportable for a short or long drive. It's been almost 3 years now I have not been in the shop for any kind of repair other than oil change. I am happy with the quality and the reliability of this truck. I think I have made a good choice.

What a great truck!
By Nick026 on 02/13/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I decided this time go Toyota becauseI needed reliability and nothing else even came close in reliability. So far I have not been disappointed at all. It drives like a lexus and is very responsive. I absoloutly love my truck. I can easily use it for work and pleasure as it fits my wife and 3 kids wonderfully. I test drove some of the others but as soon as I drove this one I knew I had to have it.

Great Truck
By Dick on 01/29/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Tundra Double Cab SR5 Truck with the TRD Off- Road package and it has performed as well as I had expected. I read reviews before buying the Tundra and most reviews suggested the TRD Package. I am glad to report that the Truck performs well, rides excellant and gets decent gas mileage. At first I was averaging 17-18 mpg. Now after 10 months I am averaging 19-20 mpg. That's short trips as well as longer trips combined. The truck is comfortable with the captains chairs. The JBL system is great. The rear seats work great for passengers as well as carrying lots of groceries, etc. I pull a 19 ft travel trailer weighing 4500 lbs and get 12-13 mpg and have plenty of power.