2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: The Good, The Bad and The Thir

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
By Mixed Feelings on

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I should preface with this by saying I'm a car nut and scare people with my knowledge of cars and trucks. I looked at all of the full size pickups before deciding on the Tundra. It hasn't let me down but I'm getting tired of the $70 fill ups. The concept for the all new Tundra is a little scary. If you want a Tundra and can afford the gas get one now! FYI- the Double Cab has more headroom than the other Tundras. I had a 97 F150 and this thing blows it away. You can't beat Toyota trucks for resale either. I practically had to give my F150 away and I was glad to see it go.

Excellent Ride and Handling for such a big truck. I always get compliments on how roomy it is- front and BACK!! The full sliding rear window is great. 8 cupholders!! Full 6 foot bed unlike F150 and Silverado Crew Cabs. Best in class interior design.

Can you say HYBRID? Toyota- please give your customers better tires, the Dunlops were shot after 30000 miles. Make running boards standard- I didn't want them but I'm 6-4 and my average passenger isn't. I had to get them anyway and the dealer was useless- bought them online :( & 4 wheel steering!!