2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Just a great truck

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Just a great truck
By Richard on

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was happy with my 2002 Tundra, but it was an access cab and I needed the D-cap easier access. The 2004 I have is a TRD and the handling difference between that and my 2002 SR5 is remarkably better. Cabin ride is very quiet and comfort is quite nice on long trips. The only problem I had was a bad battery which the dealer quickly replaced free. Had the same problem twice with my 2002. I'm nearing 50K and have had perfect service and dependibility. Until 1988, I never drove a Toyota. Since then, it's nothing but Toyotas for our family. Can't wait for the 2007! Hope it's not too big!

Simple dash and controls. Power rear window. Console storage. Back seat room and comfort. Double sun visors. Powerful headlights and foglamps. MPGs not bad either.

Better radio/CD player. Better armrests (they are too small). Larger sunglass storage compartment above mirror. Better battery. MOST important, NEED much better AC for us desert people!